Butterfinger Brownies are the ultimate candy bar brownies, packed with Butterfinger candy bars from top to bottom! In the brownie itself and in the frosting! This easy recipe is a taste sensation that you will be making for years to come.
I have developed a bit of a brownie thing. I am not quite sure how it happened, but I love brownies. They are fabulous treats and awesome gifts. I bring different varieties to potlucks, as dessert gifts to friends and also love to make them just for fun.
A few years back I started using left over Easter candy in my favorite brownie recipe. That developed into an amazing extreme brownie creation. We love them and we know our readers love them, so I was super excited to have come up with a new one.
This confections tale begins with a spectacular chocolate brownie jam-packed with Butterfinger candies. That is topped with a divine creamy Butterfinger butter cream frosting. Imagine a luscious peanut butter frosting with candy bar bits throughout. Then a layer of melted milk chocolate is poured over top and bits of Butterfinger candy bar is sprinkled over the top.
It is an amazing decadent treat that is fit for a special occasion and also perfect as a treat on any old day of the week. We brought a tray of these to a friends house and they sent a picture back less than a day later. They had been devoured.
Tips for Making Candy Bar Brownies
- These brownies freeze very well. Be sure to wrap well and defrost on the counter for 30 minutes before eating.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Other Outrageous Brownies to Make
Outrageous Butterfinger Brownies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounce bag Fun Size Butterfingers, chopped
- 1 large Butterfinger bar, garnish
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 15 ounce jar honey roasted peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-4 tablespoons milk, if needed
- 6 ounces milk chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper, set aside.
- Place butter in a large microwave safe mixing bowl, melt completely. Add sugar, cocoa, vanilla and eggs. Whisk to combine well. Add remaining ingredients. Whisk until completely combined, but do not over mix. Gently stir in 1/2 of chopped Butterfingers.
- Pour into prepared baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. Place in the freezer to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile: Finely chop remaining candy bars, or toss them in a blender/food processor until they are pea size crumbs. Set aside.
- Combine butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes, then add candy bar crumbs. Stir in on low, then switch to medium speed and beat until light and creamy. If mixture is too thick, add milk 1 tablespoon at a time beating between each addition until it is thick like frosting, but thin enough to spread with a spatula. Beat mixture until well combined.
- Spread frosting over top of cooled brownie. Pour melted chocolate over top of brownies, use a spatula to spread it across the top of the frosting. Chop large Butterfinger bar and sprinkle over the top of the frosting. Serve and enjoy.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published February 2015.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.