Mocha Campfire Smores Dip is a simple recipe with just 5-ingredients. This (indoor s’mores) campfire journey starts with a layer of sweet melty mocha chocolate that is topped with perfectly toasted marshmallows. Dipped with graham crackers it truly tastes like you just pulled your s’mores out of the fire.
Mocha Campfire Smores Dip
Growing up in Florida, summers were spent at the beach. Whether it was a family day at our local beach or we loaded up the car with friends and headed out to Siesta Key you can bet we were there.
Sun and sand with the wind in my hair, I loved to enjoy the warm Florida beach as I kick back with my toes in the sand.
I loved to lay in the sun and enjoy the day. I could hear the wind, the waves and the seagulls calling and beach goers playing on the shore. I can still close my eyes and imagine the salt air and the warmth of the sun on my face. My girlfriends and I would lay on the beach and chat as we watched the boys playing football.
We might hop over to the courts for a beach volleyball game and then grill burgers and dogs for dinner. My favorite part, most likely was yours too.
The s’mores! Graham crackers topped with melty chocolate and roasted marshmallows. I tried to recreate them living here in Arizona and I realized something was missing. Those beach treats are salt kissed. I have been adding salt to my s’mores ever since.
As fun as s’mores can be, dippable desserts are really my thing these days! So, this time I decided to create a fabulous campfire s’more dip with a little twist.
This dip starts with an utterly decadent chocolate layer, created with milk chocolate and heavy cream with just a pinch of salt to add that salt kissed element that I miss from my beach days. All of that scrumptious chocolate is topped with toasted marshmallow that tastes like it came off the campfire.
It is so amazing we couldn’t keep our hands off of it! So, what are you waiting for? Grab a graham cracker and dip in!
With love from our Simple Kitchen to yours.
Mocha Campfire S’mores Dip
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- pinch salt
- 20 regular marshmallows
- 8 graham cracker sheets
- Place 6″ cast iron skillet in the oven. Preheat oven to 450°F with the pan inside.
- Once the oven is preheated, heat the heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl until it's steaming hot, about 30 seconds.
- Remove the skillet from the oven. Add chocolate chips and salt to the hot skillet. Pour hot heavy cream over top. The heat from the skillet and the heavy cream will melt the chocolate chips. Stir chocolate chips with a spatula until mixture is smooth. Spread mocha mixture into an even layer. Add marshmallows on top in an even layer.
- Bake 7-8 minutes, until marshmallows are toasted and golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve with graham crackers. I dip for my daughter, as the skillet is very hot!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.