Grasshopper Tiramisu is the trifle dessert of your dreams!! It’s a scrumptious combination of a classic Italian tiramisu and a grasshopper cocktail, all covered in layers of hot fudge sauce. The best St. Patrick’s dessert ever, this simple no bake recipe takes just 15 minutes to make! Perfect for any chocolate mint dessert lover.
I may have mentioned a time or three how much I love tiramisu’s. The classic Italian dessert features layers of flavors and starts with lady fingers (I prefer the Savoiri cookies) soaked in flavorful alcohol then is topped with an incredible cream mixture that totally blows my skirt up! I am a little bit of a rebel (shocking huh?). So, I really enjoy taking the classic and putting a twist on it.
Grasshopper Tiramisu Trifle
This twist is probably our favorite so far. Lady fingers soak in a Grasshopper cocktail and are crumbled in the bottom of your trifle dish, a layer of hot fudge sauce envelops the grasshopper flavored cookies. A layer of mint flavored cream tops the fudge and then another layer of scrumptious fudge is topped with whipped cream.
It’s truly a dessert that will knock your socks off. Perfect for St Patrick’s Day and EVERYDAY! It is ready in 15 minutes and is perfect for everyone (with alcohol substitutions).
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Easy Tiramisu Recipes
Drunken Chocolate Covered Grasshopper Tiramisu
- 12 Saviordi lady fingers
- 4 ounces Creme de Menthe, mint liqueur, divided*
- 2 ounces Creme de Cacao, chocolate liqueur, white*
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 11 ounce jar homemade hot fudge sauce, (or your favorite)
- whipped cream, optional garnish
- To create your grasshopper dip, combine 2 ounces creme de menthe, 2 ounces creme de cacao, and 2 ounces of heavy cream (1/4 cup), in a shallow bowl. Set aside.
- In a tall mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Add 3/4 cup cream and 2 ounces creme de menthe and beat until mixture comes to stiff peaks (when you turn the mixer off, lift the beaters out of the mixture, the cream will stand up). Place cream in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- One at a time dip ladyfingers into grasshopper dip (dip each side for approximately 3 seconds) and crumble into bottom of 4 ounce jar or bowl. Crumble 1 1/2 ladyfingers into the bottom of each jar and press down to even crust out.
- Add a dollop of hot fudge sauce to each trifle. Top with 1/4 of the cream mixture into each dish. Top cream with 1/4 of the remaining fudge in each dish.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles. Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published March 2014.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.