Italian sliders are loaded with sausage, red and green peppers, onions, and a boatload of cheese. Enjoy these mini sandwiches any time of year!
Party sliders are the ultimate comfort food for game day, get-togethers, or just a good hearty meal. You can put them together with very little effort and get them on the table quickly.
And if you’re feeding a crowd, simply double or triple the ingredients and bake several pans at once!
There’s even a breakfast version with eggs and cheese! It’s a grab-and-go option for busy mornings or an easy way to feed overnight guests.
How To Make Italian Sliders
- Have everything prepped and ready. Melt the butter and slice the buns while the meat and veggies are cooking. That way, you can quickly assemble and get the pan in the oven.
- Use ground sausage. This simply saves time – you can use links if you prefer, but it takes extra time to remove the casings.
- Don’t skimp on cheese! You need a layer on each side of the filling to hold everything together. Nothing worse than a slider falling apart when you take a bite!
- Keep individual rolls attached. This keeps the tops from sliding around in the oven. It’s much easier to cut up the mini sandwiches after they’ve cooked, or you can let guests tear each one off by hand.
- Tip for easy cleanup: Line your pan with foil or parchment paper before assembling the Italian sliders. When they’re cooked, you can lift them straight out of the pan before slicing and minimize messes!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
Which buns are best for party sliders?
I love using Hawaiian sweet rolls since they’re connected and easier to work with. That said, any slab of rolls or slider buns will work well.
If you use individual buns, be sure they fit nice and snug in the pan or the filling might melt out the sides in the oven.
Can I save leftovers?
Absolutely! Transfer any remaining mini sandwiches to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Heat them in the oven or air fryer until warmed through – either method will get them toastier than the microwave.
What goes with Italian sliders?
If you’re feeding a crowd, prep a big bowl of antipasto pasta salad earlier in the day and add it to the table when it’s time to eat!
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Appetizer Recipes
Italian Sliders (Sausage and Pepper) + Video
- 12 slider buns, split (we love Hawaiian)
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage, hot, mild or sweet
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On stove saute together your Italian sausage, peppers and onions until no longer pink and vegetables are tender, remove from heat, drain and set aside.
- Place the bottom half of your sliders in your baking pan and sprinkle with one cup of cheese.
- Top with your sausage and pepper mixture.
- Spread your marinara over the top and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Place top of your buns over your cheese.
- In small bowl mix together your melted butter, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Spread over the top of slider buns, reserving just a little bit to brush on after they are done baking.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published January 2018, updated and republished October 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.