Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte (Starbucks Copycat)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
An Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte gives you a sweet jolt of caffeine when you need it! No need to buy a bottle of Starbucks cinnamon dolce syrup — a few pantry staples will do the trick! Recreate this Starbucks favorite in your own kitchen today.
Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte
While I love grabbing an iced cinnamon dolce latte from Starbucks when I’m on the go, it’s so much cheaper to make it at home.
Plus, with this homemade cinnamon dolce latte recipe, you can scale up the size for only pennies more!
Love Starbucks pastries too? Now you can enjoy their famous cranberry bliss bars any time you want. Keep a bag of dried cranberries handy for whenever the mood strikes.
Or, try one of my other copycat drink recipes like Taco Bell’s Baja Blast, Wendy’s Frosty, or TGIFriday’s Mudslide for a boozy treat.
How To Make A Homemade Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- Bring the syrup ingredients to a simmer on the stove, then set aside to cool.
- Fill your shaker with ice, then pour in 1 tablespoon of syrup and a double shot of espresso and shake.
- Transfer to a drinking glass, pour in the milk, and enjoy!
Using a mason jar instead of a shaker will have the same result, but you’ll have one less thing to wash.
You can also skip the shaking altogether and layer your iced cinnamon dolce latte like the baristas do!
Swirl together the syrup and shots in the bottom of your glass, add the milk, then fill the rest of the way with ice.
Cinnamon Dolce Latte Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Use instant coffee powder. This is great if you don’t have a coffee maker or are short on time. Be sure it’s labeled espresso and not a regular brew.
- Create a dairy-free version. Unsweetened oat milk is a wonderful alternative for your homemade iced cinnamon dolce latte, especially a thicker variety like Califia’s barista blend.
Find it with the other milks and creamers in the dairy case of your local store.
- Want a bigger size? This cinnamon dolce latte recipe produces a 16-ounce drink (equivalent to a Grande), but you can adjust the amounts to meet your caffeine needs.
Scale up the milk and syrup as needed, and add an extra shot for every additional 4 ounces that your cup holds.
- Add a little decadence. A swirl of whipped cream and an extra sprinkle of cinnamon really puts your cinnamon dolce latte over the top!
Cinnamon Dolce Latte Starbucks FAQ
Instead of bottled Starbucks cinnamon dolce syrup, this recipe uses a homemade blend of pantry staples.
For a sugar-free version, replace the brown sugar with your preferred alternative sweetener.
No, you can use a stovetop espresso maker or brew an extra strong cup of coffee instead.
Pour homemade cinnamon dolce latte syrup into a jar or container with a lid and keep it in a cool location for up to 1 week.
It’s safe to use beyond that, but the mixture will start to thicken into a jelly-like substance.
If you want to make a double batch, I recommend using one whole cinnamon stick in place of the powdered spice.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Other Starbucks Recipes
Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte (Starbucks Copycat)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Double shot espresso
- 1/4 cup milk, I used oat milk
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Cook for 3-5 minutes until it comes to a simmer. Remove the syrup from the pot into an airtight container.
- Fill a mason jar or shaker with ice. Pour your espresso and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon sugar syrup and close the lid. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Pour the milk into the espresso, stir and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published July 2021, updated and republished May 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
This sounds delicious! How many iced coffees does the simple syrup make? I looked and may have missed it,but is there a nutrition breakdown,? TIA
Please tell me how many ounces is in a shot of espresso as I have no idea. Thanks!
Hi Fran, thanks for commenting. One shot of espresso is one ounce.
Enjoy and let us know how it goes,
Just made this syrup. It’s SO good! So easy to make too. I used it in cold coffee from my fridge instead of espresso since I don’t love strong coffee and did half milk half cream. So yummy!
I am looking for all the ingredients. For some reason it is not showing up.
If you keep scrolling all the way to the bottom you will see the recipe card with all of the ingredients listed, hope this helps!
TSRI Team Member,
Just made this and it was delicious. Quick and simple too.
new to make own. is the double.espresso you list your strong coffee or what
Has anyone tried it with tea? I am not a coffee drinker.