Cobb Salad Pasta Toss
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cobb Salad Pasta Toss always makes my mouth water! There’s something about the combination of flavors in a Cobb Salad. The perfectly cooked pasta, crisp bacon, ripe tomatoes, cubed chicken, chopped eggs, creamy avocado and blue cheese, come together to make a hearty and delicious meal.
One of the wonderful things about this pasta salad recipe is that you can kinda customize it to your liking.
I often use bow tie pasta because it has a little personality, but you can use any medium-sized pasta for the recipe.
It’s Erin from Suburban Simplicity bringing you a perfect anytime salad, but especially this time of year.
How To Make A Cobb Salad Pasta Salad
This Cobb Pasta Salad is an easy weeknight dinner for us, but it’s also the perfect take-along to potlucks for picnics! We do love our salads!
This Shrimp Salad is a tasty winner too!
Once it’s cooked al dente (which means cooked firm to the bite), I run it under cold water to cool it down and make sure it doesn’t stick together.
Next, comes the fresh ingredients that really make this pasta sing.
While your bacon is frying, cut up your tomatoes and avocados, chop your cooked chicken and hard-boiled eggs, slice the green onions, and crumble your blue cheese.
When bacon is done and cooled, chop or crumble it. This is such as easy pasta salad to assemble.
Place the cooked and cooled pasta in a large bowl. Reserve a few of the add-in ingredients to place on top if you wish.
Add all remaining ingredients and pour dressing over the salad and toss lightly to coat. Top with reserved add-in ingredients.
Your salad will look so super appetizing at this point! Try to resist eating a bite or two until it gets to the table – if you can!
Helpful Tips to make Cobb Salad Pasta Salad:
- I like using farfalle pasta (the bow-ties are so cute), but any type of medium-sized pasta could be substituted like penne or fusilli.
- The ranch dressing is a perfect match for this salad, but feel free to use blue cheese or other dressing of your choice.
- This salad can be made up to a day ahead of time, however, I recommend adding the avocado just before serving.
- If your pasta salad is being made ahead of time, add a little extra dressing because it soaks in and will become a little dry.
What you will need to make Cobb Salad Pasta Salad:
- Colander- For draining the pasta.
- Sharp Knife – A quality knife for chopping vegetables.
- Large Bowl – For mixing and serving.
- Bamboo Salad Hands – Serving a salad should be fun and these are my favorite tools to serve salads.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Other Pasta Salad Recipes
Cobb Salad Pasta Toss
- 1 pound farfalle pasta, or other medium-sized pasta
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 8 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled & chopped
- 1 large avocado, peeled & chopped
- 3 medium green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing
- Cook pasta al dente per the package instructions. Run under cold water to cool and rinse starch off.
- Cook bacon and prepare all other ingredients. If desired, reserve a few of each add-in ingredient to place on top of pasta salad for garnish.
- Place cooked and cooled pasta in a large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients and pour dressing over the salad and toss lightly to coat. Garnish with reserved ingredients.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to a day.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published May 2018, updated and republished June 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
Oh my that sounds so good. I'm going to make it Memorial Day but as I do with my regular Cobb Salad, I'll add a small can of sliced black olives. Even without this recipe is perfect. Thanks.
This was such a delicious and creamy pasta salad. All of the ingredients really do come together into one amazing flavor. Thank you!