Pepperoni Pizza Bites + Video
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
My Pizza Bites recipe results in soft, cheesy, pepperoni appetizers that taste fantastic and are fun to eat! Make this recipe for game day snacks or lunch boxes!
Pizza Bites Recipe
Pizza Puffs are the perfect appetizer for your next party. Who can resist tiny bite-sized pepperoni pizza bites?
For something a little more work but totally worth it, give our homemade stromboli a try!
If you enjoy bite-sized pepperoni appetizers, you might want to try a few more of my recipes.
These Chicken Parmesan Sliders are a simple recipe that’s absolutely heavenly and party-ready.
Or, these Sriracha Slower Cooker Honey Meatballs are hot, sweet, tangy, and wildly addictive.
Tips for Perfect Pepperoni Bites
- On the go. To send these pizza bites to school or work, just fill a thermos with hot boiling water while you warm up the pizza puffs.
Then, pour out the water and place the pepperoni appetizers in the thermos. Seal, and they will stay warm until lunchtime!
- Make it cheesy. You can also stuff a cube of mozzarella cheese in the center of the puff before baking for a cheesy ooey-gooey center!
- Save time. You can use a premade roll of biscuits. Just cut each one into 4 pieces and use two pieces per muffin cup. It’s a great way to save time on a busy day.
- Swap pans. You can make these in a cake pan or a bundt pan, but you will need to cook them longer to make sure that they are done.
- Use different seasonings. If you don’t have Italian seasoning, substitute 2 parts of oregano, 2 parts of basil, and 1 part of thyme.
- Try different meats. If you prefer not to use pepperoni, you can substitute Italian sausage. Or, you can make these with chopped peppers, onions, olives, and mushrooms for a vegetarian option.
- Don’t forget the dip. When they are done, you can dip them in spaghetti sauce, cheese sauce, or even ranch dressing.
How to Make Pizza Bites
This pepperoni bites appetizer can be made in 30 Minutes — just like your favorite pizza, but bite-size! A simple recipe and a scrumptious lunch or game day appetizer.
Simply combine the ingredients to make the batter. Then, add a scoop to a muffin pan.
Add pepperoni and cheese and top with more batter. Finally, bake them until they are golden brown. You can even add a tiny bit of sauce on top if you want to.
If you want to, you can prepare these the day before your party.
Then, just keep the pizza puffs in the refrigerator until you want to bake them. Continue with the recipe as stated.
Pizza Puffs FAQs
Plus, anything else you like!
My favorite way to freeze these pizza bites is to let them come to room temperature and place them on a jelly roll pan lined with a Silpat mat.
They flash freeze, and then I pop them in a freezer gallon storage bag. That way, I can enjoy them whenever I want a quick snack or a light lunch.
Spritz them with water and either microwave them until heated or defrost them and pop them in a 350°F oven for about 10 minutes.
This pizza puffs video will show you everything you need to know to make this easy appetizer recipe. You won’t believe how easy they are to make in just a few minutes.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Other Appetizer Recipes
Pepperoni Pizza Bites + Video
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin, plus more to grease pans
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups shredded 4-cheese pizza blend
- 5 ounces mini pepperoni rounds, 1 5-ounce package
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Reserve a hand full of pepperoni (about 1/4 cup).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, seasoning, red pepper flakes, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, sugar, milk, and egg. Stir together with a fork. Mix in the pizza blend cheese and remaining pepperoni. Set aside.
- Prepare (2) 24 cup mini-muffin pans by greasing with olive oil (or spray with cooking spray).
- Mix batter and add 1 heaping tablespoon scoop to each muffin cup. Top each muffin with 2 or 3 of the reserved pepperoni. Bake until golden brown, approximately 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, remove from muffin tin and serve with favorite marinara sauce.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published July 2013, updated and republished January 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
what are the nutrition facts
Okay- I just made these; the second batch is in the oven! Yes, second batch. I do an afternoon tea every month and this month is "Back to School", so these puffs are perfect to serve with a sweet corn gazpacho (https://www.theendlessmeal.com/sweet-corn-gazpacho/) for an upscale/reimagined pizza day!
Anyway, these are great! So cheesy, which is always a winner, and the flavor is great. The red pepper flakes ended up having a little too much of a kick for sensitive eaters (maybe it was the brand?), so I reduced that a bit for the second batch. I also made sure some mini pepperonis were on top to look pizza-like by setting a handful aside until the muffin tin was full. Really yummy!!
These look really good, just printed it out. I also just ordered your cookbook. Thank you for do a "sneak peek inside". I like looking at the index and seeing some of the recipes. The recipes sound delicious, which is why I ordered it. Good price too 🙂
Can I use self rising flour instead of all purpose flour
These were really tasty but my mini-muffin pans must be larger and/or my scoop! I made 1-1/2 recipe because I was hoping for 72 but that did not work even with adding an 8oz container of mushrooms which I diced-up, sauteed, drained then added. I will definitely be making again — Oh, think I got ~60 since a couple were quality control "tested" — hahaha thanks very much!
Easier than I thought to make and my kids ate all of them. Big hit here and requested for tomorrow!
These are habit forming!!!