Big Kahuna Hawaiian Burger
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Big Kahuna Burger starts with a grilled burger, pineapple teriyaki glaze, topped with Swiss cheese, grilled pineapple, onion slices and ham.
Last week I was brainstorming new ideas for chicken recipes and I had put together this fantastic idea for a Hawaiian inspired chicken. I had the recipe all written up when it hit me… BURGER!!! Oh yeah! This Big Kahuna Burger is all Hawaiian inspired (at least from the opinion of this main lander).
We start with a perfectly grilled beef burger with Asian / Hawaiian flavors. Glaze that with a pineapple teriyaki glaze. Then we top it with mild and creamy Swiss cheese, grilled pineapple, red onion slices and brown sugar ham. This is like Hawaii heaven on a plate.
Yes, I admit it. I ate the whole thing. I couldn’t help myself. I cut it in half (like a good portion controlling woman would) but when I was done with the first half I was compelled to continue. Truth be told if I had a second stomach, I would have eaten 2. It was THAT GOOD! Really!
Today is a 2 post day. Check out our next post…
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Big Kahuna Hawaiian Burger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 4 slices brown sugar ham
- 4 slices red onion
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 sesame seed hamburger buns
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Mix pineapple juice and teriyaki sauce together. Set aside.
- Mix beef, ginger, garlic, salt and soy sauce in a small bowl. Divide into 2 patties and form into patties slightly larger than your bun. Make a slight indentation in the center of the burger to prevent it from doming up in the center. The indentation will rise as your burger cooks.
- Grill until golden brown and slightly charred (about 3-5 minutes), turning once (cook for 3 minutes on the other side for medium). Baste with pineapple teriyaki sauce as your burger cooks. Try not to press down on your burger with a spatula. It will cause the juices to escape and will create a dry burger!
- Grill pineapple slices until pineapple have golden brown grill marks on both sides.
- Toast hamburger buns by placing on grill until grill marks form. Do not walk away during this process. Toast can turn to ash in the blink of an eye.
- Spread mayo on bottom bun. Top with lettuce, burger, Swiss cheese, grilled pineapple, red onion and ham.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
This comment has been removed by the author.
I meant to say that I bet this is so tasty! Love grilled pineapple. My husband would be all over this!
That Burger looks delicious. The pictures on your blog are just phenomenal.
That is one kick butt burger!!!! The use of the ham is a great touch. The photography and food styling, wonderful as always.
thats one tasty burger!
Do you have a recipe for the buns?
The yummiest burger ever!!! So much better than ever restaurant burger I have had!