Banana Rum Cake is a moist and delicious cake packed with ripe bananas and an incredible creamy frosting with cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla.
Well, once again I managed to happen upon a fantastic sale. Banana’s this time. I was shocked to see all the cases of fresh (still mostly green) bananas sitting throughout my grocery store with signs for $.15/lb. Yes. Really! So, I did what I always do. I took total advantage of the sale and bought a truckload! So, after making Munchkin’s favorite Dried Banana Coins and freezing banana’s for Chad’s and Munchkin’s favorite Banana Orange Smoothie I decided to make something for Mama. I wanted cake! Shocking, huh? Well if you have ever seen my Pinterest board “Cake Cake Cake” or read my allParenting Bio, you may have noticed I am an admitted cake addict.
Truly, I could eat cake everyday for the rest of my life and probably never tire of it. Layer cake, cheesecake, cupcake, pancake, muffins… If it walks like a cake or talks like a cake. I am chasing it with a fork. So, seriously, this cake is for me. Packed with ripe bananas and some of that amazingly flavorful Captain Morgan’s Spiced Rum. Yes, rum. Captain Morgan’s Spiced Rum is the perfect cooking rum with fall flavors.
This is a moist and delicious cake with an incredible creamy frosting with cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and more Captain Morgans. I could eat it all day. I recommend hiding the cake. The crisper drawer may not work for this one. Think more secure. How about a safe. Oh, who are you supposed to be hiding it from? Yourself. As Chad stared at a mostly empty pan, he said… “Huh, must have been good”. Yes darling. It was!!!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Banana Rum Cake
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, 1 stick, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Captain Morgan’s Spiced Rum
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 medium ripe bananas, smashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons Captain Morgans Spiced Rum
- 1 1/2 pounds powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare 9×13 pan with butter and flour.
- Cream butter and sugar on low speed in the bowl of an electric mixer or stand mixer. Add eggs, mix well. Add rum and vanilla. Beat well to combine. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined. Add bananas and beat until completely combined. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in comes out with moist crumb.
- Allow to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer combine cream cheese and butter. On medium speed beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, rum, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat until well combined. With the mixer on low, add salt and powdered sugar (starting with about 1 pound and increasing as necessary to get a light fluffy frosting.
- Frost the cake. Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.