Bacon Shrimp Pasta Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Bacon Shrimp Pasta Salad is your favorite summer side take to the next level with succulent shrimp and smoky bacon. It is a new favorite side dish for your barbecues, potlucks and parties! In fact, this pasta salad is the perfect summertime dinner.
Cold pasta salad recipes are great for the warmer weather months.
Creamy pasta salad can be loaded up with vegetables, proteins and fresh herbs for flavorful side dishes or satisfying meals.
Pasta salad is also great for meal prep! This Bacon Shrimp Pasta Salad would be wonderful for grab and go lunches.
Hey, it’s Nicole from WonkyWonderful here to bring you another easy family recipe.
I’m all about saving time and energy while making tasty recipes that the entire family will love. You do not have to spend hours in the kitchen to make fresh, homemade meals.
If you like this Bacon Shrimp Pasta Salad, check out my Spinach Dip Pasta Salad and Jalapeno Popper Macaroni Salad.
Helpful Tips to make Bacon Shrimp Pasta Salad:
- As a shortcut I use frozen shrimp that is already peeled, deveined and cooked.
If you are using raw shrimp, just boil until shrimp turn pink and are a loose ‘C’ shape.
- Add in extra veggies to bulk up this pasta salad even more. Fresh peas, tomatoes, spinach, zucchini, cucumbers or broccoli would all be great additions.
- Use your preferred pasta. I like the large bow tie pasta for this salad because they are similar in size to the shrimp. But, most any pasta will work just as well.
- I prefer to cook bacon in the oven. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick. Lay bacon flat on pan. Bake at 375ºF for approximately 15-20 minutes.
What you will need to make Bacon Shrimp Pasta Salad:
- Large Colander– You will need this to drain the pasta and shrimp.
- Sharp Knife– This recipe requires some chopping. A good, sharp knife is always handy to have in the kitchen.
- Measuring Cup– You want to get the dressing measured and mixed up completely before adding into the pasta salad.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Other Pasta Salad Recipes
Shrimp Macaroni Salad with Bacon
- 16 ounces bow tie pasta – cooked according to package instructions, drained & cooled
- 16 ounces large cooked frozen shrimp, deveined & peeled – thawed & rinsed
- 12 ounces cooked bacon , chopped
- 4 celery stalks , chopped
- 1 red bell pepper , seeded & chopped
- 1/2 small red onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- handful fresh parsley – chopped
- In large bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients until fully combined.
- Pour dressing over pasta salad. Gently toss until salad ingredients are evenly coated with dressing.
- For best results, refrigerate 2+ hours before serving.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published July 2018
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
A very satisfying and creamy pasta salad with a great smoky taste. Very tasty.