Asian Pasta Salad is a fabulous fusion salad, loaded with colorful vegetables and tossed in an unforgettable Asian inspired dressing. This is an amazingly easy noodle salad recipe!!
Summer is the season for pasta salads. I do love a bowl or warm creamy pasta, but when it is warm outside I want something cool, crisp, and healthy and that’s just what this Asian salad is.
Asian Pasta Salad
This Asian Noodle Salad is the perfect dish to bring to a barbecue this spring and summer. It’s unique yet has flavors people know and love, it’s not coated in mayonnaise, and it is loaded with colorful veggies. Plus, this is a great option for those at your party who are vegetarian or vegan. Make sure they get to it first because this salad goes fast.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Cut up all the veggies while you’re waiting for the pasta water to come to a boil and waiting for the noodles to cook.
- If making this ahead of time, toss a tablespoon of the dressing with the spaghetti noodles so they don’t stick. Wait to add remaining dressing. This will keep your veggies nice and crisp.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a jar. This allows you to store (and transport) the dressing easily if you’re making it ahead of time. Plus, then you don’t have to dirty another dish.
- Cut the carrots in long thin strips by using a vegetable peeler. If you want to take a shortcut, buy a bag of match stick carrots.
- This meal is already pretty healthy but you can take it a step further by using whole wheat spaghetti.
Kitchen Tools for Making Asian Pasta Salad
- Quality kitchen knives– You have a few veggies to chop up in this recipe and anytime you cut, chop, or slice, good quality knives make it easier and safer. You can help prolong the quality of your knives by honing them regularly.
- Cutting Board– A big good solid cutting board is a necessity. I have many cutting boards but always come back to this one.
- 4 or 5-quart pot– Great for soups, roasts, frying, and cooking pasta for salads like this one… I use my 5-quart pot all the time.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Other Easy Salad Recipes
Asian Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 4 carrots peeled, sliced thin
- 10 mini sweet peppers, red and yellow, sliced
- 1 cup edamame, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups purple cabbage, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups green cabbage, sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup peanuts, chopped
- sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, or 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic, or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook spaghetti according to directions on box. Once done, drain and place in a bowl of ice water until cooled. Drain again.
- While the pasta cooks, place dressing ingredients together in a jar and shake.
- Assemble by placing spaghetti in a bowl and topping with all the veggies, cilantro, peanuts, and sesame seeds. Pour the dressing on just before serving and toss until evenly coated. Serve immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published April 2018.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.