Tuscan Pasta Salad is the best potluck salad! It’s scrumptious and packed with your favorite Italian fixings. Even better, this recipe can be made and on your table in 25 minutes!
Plus, it’s easy to make the tortellini salad ahead of time, for the perfect stress-free potluck side that everyone will love!
In my book, everyone needs the perfect potluck salad and it doesn’t get better than Tuscan Tortellini Pasta Salad!
Tuscan Tortellini Salad
This pasta salad is loaded with cheesy tortellini, salami, mozzarella, olives, bell peppers, pepperoncini’s, tomatoes, and cucumbers then smothered in tangy, Italian Dressing.
It’s hearty, comforting, and refreshing all at the same time, and it belongs on your table all spring and summer long!!!
- It is important to not overcook your tortellini otherwise it will fall apart when tossed.
- After the pasta is drained, immediately add it to a large bowl. Then, toss it with half of the dressing to keep it from sticking.
- This salad is excellent the next day. When making ahead, use 1/2 of the dressing when preparing the salad and reserve the remaining dressing to pour over the salad before you serve it.
- For the mozzarella, I prefer to use fresh mozzarella balls, cut into bite-size pieces. If this mozzarella is too expensive or you don’t want to make a separate trip, you can substitute mozzarella cubes, or even shredded mozzarella.
Essentials for Tuscan Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Colander – this kitchen essential makes life so much easier! You can use it to drain pasta or wash veggies and fruit.
- Cutting Board- A big good solid cutting board so you can prep all your veggies on one surface. I use my cutting board daily so it’s worth the investment.
- Quality Kitchen Knives- Quality knives make prep time much quicker and are important for safety as well. If you make one kitchen investment, I believe it should be in quality knives.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Other Great Potluck Salads
Tuscan Tortellini Salad + Video
- 20 ounces frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 English cucumber, cut into quarters and sliced
- 16 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pepperoncini
- 6 ounce can black olives, drained and halved
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella balls, cut into bite size pieces
- 8 ounces salami, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook tortellini according to directions on the package. Drain and set add to a large serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, combine dressing ingredients in a pint size mason jar. Seal and shake vigorously. Pour half of the dressing over the warm pasta and toss to combine.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients to the bowl and toss until well coated. If serving immediately then toss with remaining dressing. If serving the next day then cover and refrigerate and wait until you are ready to serve the salad before tossing with remaining dressing.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published April 2018. Updated and republished June 2022.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.