Slow Cooker Overnight Breakfast Casserole is a simple recipe bursting with Italian flavors! A spin on the classic all-America breakfast casserole frees up your morning by letting the crockpot do all the work for you. Simply toss the ingredients in the slow cooker and wake up to a piping hot crowd pleasing breakfast.
Slow Cooker Overnight Breakfast Casserole
We are so excited to be partnering with our friends at Jones Dairy Farm to bring you a scrumptious brunch recipe perfect for Easter Brunch, starring one of my favorite ingredients.
Nothing says ‘holiday’ like starting the day with a special breakfast. Whether it is Easter, Christmas, Father’s Day or a birthday I love starting the day off a spectacular meal. As I have shared many times, I am not much of a morning person. Which kind of throws a wrench in my plans.
Although I have finally gotten a morning routine down so that I get up at 5AM each day. Yay me! That said, I still only cook hot breakfast on the weekends after I have had a chance to have a few cups of coffee.
Enter the time-saving holiday (and every day) meal plan. Slow Cooker Overnight Breakfast Casserole. I love being able to make a casserole overnight while I sleep. I mean does it really get much better than that?
It does! How about a meal filled with ‘real ingredients’ that you mix together and then go to bed. You wake up to a scrumptious hot breakfast waiting for you. Even the one convenience ingredient in this recipe, fully cooked Chicken Sausage from Jones Dairy Farm, is all natural with no nitrates or nitrites, no MSG and no preservatives. Ok wait for it…. And it tastes amazing!
With sausage loaded with that much flavor I knew we needed this amazing Overnight Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole to be bursting with bold flavors. It all starts with hash browns and an Italian flavor explosion in every decadent bite! Slow cooked sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese come together overnight to create a divine breakfast casserole that is impressive enough for a holiday brunch by simple enough for every day breakfast.
Truly a flavor explosion in every bite! Our family and friends have devouring this recipe and I can’t stop eating it, myself. Looks like I know what’s for Easter breakfast!
And I am sure I will get a ton of emails so, I will let you all know that you can pick up Jones Dairy Farm Breakfast Sausage in the freezer section at your retailer, nationwide or check out their locator.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Overnight Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream, or half and half
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 20 ounce bag refrigerated hash browns
- 5 ounce package Jones Dairy Farm fully cooked chicken sausage links, sliced into coins
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 ounces shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- cooking spray
- Spray a slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. I used a 6 quart crockpot. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl or 4 cup measuring cup combine eggs and cream. Whisk until well combined. Sprinkle spices (onion powder, salt and both peppers) over egg mixture while whisking. Whisk until completely combined. Set aside.
- In slow cooker, combine all of the hash browns and about 1/2 of each of the remaining ingredients (Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, sliced sausage links, sun-dried tomatoes and basil). Using fingers, gently toss hash brown mixture until combined. Pour egg mixture over casserole. If necessary use a spatula to smooth out the top.
- Set aside about 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese (approximately 2 ounces). Sprinkle the remaining reserved ingredients over the top of the casserole. Cover the slow cooker and cook for 6-8 hours on low or until a thermometer inserted into the center of the casserole reads 160°F. Once the center of the casserole is cooked through, it is done.
- Sprinkle casserole with remaining cheese, serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally Published March 2016
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.