Instant Pot Pork Chops and Gravy is a fabulous and super simple weeknight meal! Thick boneless chops come out tender, juicy, and smothered in a rich brown gravy. Best of all, it can be on your table in 40 minutes!! Let your pressure cooker handle the hard work for you!
Using an Instant Pot (or other brand of pressure cooker) to make dinner is one of the easiest ways to save time in meal prep. By pressure cooking, you can have dinner ready in a fraction of the time it would take to make it in the oven!!
If you enjoy using your Instant Pot, you might want to try a few more of my Instant Pot recipes.
Olive Garden Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana is the ultimate copycat recipe of the classic Olive Garden soup made quick and easy in a pressure cooker.
Instant Pot Pork Chops and Gravy
This Instant Pot boneless pork chop recipe is one of the easiest ways to make pork chops with gravy. You can even make them with frozen pork chops if you have forgotten to defrost something for dinner.
Just add about 5 extra minutes to your cooking time to account for them being frozen.
If you do choose to start with frozen pork chops, remember that it will take longer for your Instant Pot to come up to pressure. Take that into consideration when planning how long it will take to make dinner.
How Long to Cook Instant Pot Pork Chops
Cooking boneless pork chops in an Instant Pot will ultimately depend on what size and what thickness pork chops you use.
The thicker they are, the longer they will need to cook. Here are a few simple tips to keep in mind.
- If you use center cut chops with a bone, you will need to cook them for about 15 to 18 minutes. If they are 3/4″ thick, it will be closer to 15 minutes. And, if they are 1″ thick, it will be 18 minutes.
- If you are making boneless loin chops as I did in this recipe, you will need about 8 to 10 minutes depending on the size.
- When using pork steaks that are 1″ thick, cook them for about 20 minutes.
How to Make Gravy for Pork Chops
So, one of our favorite ways to enjoy these Instant Pot pork chops is smothered with gravy. And, it couldn’t be easier to make gravy using this method.
- Remove the pork chops from the Instant Pot.
- Add 3 tablespoons of broth or stock to a mason jar and set aside.
- Add the remaining stock to the Instant Pot and use a spatula to scrape the yummy browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Return the pork chops to the pressure cooker and continue to pressure cook them.
- While the chops finish cooking, add cornstarch to the mason jar of broth. Put the lid on, then shake it to create a slurry.
- Remove the pork chops when they are done cooking. Finally, pour the mixture into the Instant Pot, set it to Sauté, and cook until the gravy thickens.
- Serve your Instant Pot chops and gravy!!
Storing and Freezing Instructions
If you have extras from this pressure cooker pork chops recipe, you can place them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
They will stay good for 3 to 5 days. To freeze them, place them in a freezer bag. Use them within 2 to 3 months for the best quality.
Thaw them overnight in the refrigerator.
Reheating Leftover Pork
To reheat pork chops, you can use your oven. Preheat the oven to 350F.
Place 2 to 3 tablespoons of chicken broth into the bottom of a baking dish. Add the pork chops to the pan and cover the entire thing with aluminum foil.
Then, reheat them for 10 to 15 minutes until they are warmed through.
How to Prevent Dry Pork Chops
If you’re worried about dry pork chops when you make this boneless pork chop recipe, it’s important that you bring the meat to room temperature before you cook it.
And, you can add a tiny bit of chicken stock to the pan when you cook it to prevent drying.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Easy Pork Dinners
Instant Pot Pork Chops and Gravy
- 4 boneless thick cut pork chops, at least 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chicken stock, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped, optional garnish
- In a large bowl combine the brown sugar, cumin, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and pepper. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Toss the pork chops in the spice mix until seasoned on all sides.
- Turn the instant pot on to saute. When you can feel the heat when you hold your hand above the instant pot, add the olive oil.
- Add pork chops to the instant pot and brown for about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove pork chops from the instant pot and set aside.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the chicken stock to a mason jar and set aside. Add the remaining chicken stock to the pot and use a spatula to scrape the yummy browned bits from the pot.
- Turn off the pot.
- Return the pork chops to the pot and place the lid on. Set valve to the sealing position.
- Set to manual on HIGH pressure for 8 minutes. It will take about 10 minutes for the pot to come to pressure.
- When done cooking, allow to naturally pressure release for 10 minutes. Then switch to quick release to release any remaining pressure.
- Meanwhile add the cornstarch to the mason jar and shake the living tar out of it until completely combined to create a slurry.
- Remove pork chops from the pan and place on a serving dish.
- Add the slurry to the pot, return to saute. Stir until the sauce has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published August 2020
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.