Creamy Cucumber Salad is a simple side dish that comes together in less than 10 minutes. Combine fresh cucumbers, red onions and a spectacular dressing to create a fresh salad that is perfect for summer potlucks and more!
A potluck or summer dinner party isn’t complete without a fresh cucumber salad. Creamy Cucumber Salad is made with freshly sliced cucumbers, red onion and a simple yogurt-mayo lemon dill dressing.
Best of all, the salad comes together in less than 10 minutes with ingredients you probably already have available in your refrigerator and pantry.
Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe
It’s a quick and easy side dish that everyone will love. Bring this hassle-free Creamy Cucumber Salad to your next potluck to share with everyone.
I’m Ashley from Spoonful of Flavor and I’m a new contributor here at TSRI. Simple yet impressive recipes featuring the freshest of flavors are my favorite recipes and I’m excited to be able to share them with you.
Creating an impressive dish for your next family gathering or summertime celebration doesn’t have to be difficult. Always use the freshest ingredients.
How Do You Make Creamy Cucumber and Onion Salad
Add a simple flavor like lemon or fresh herbs to elevate the flavor of the dish.
Helpful Tips to make Creamy Cucumber Salad:
- Cucumbers have a tendency to release a lot of liquid. To avoid a
watery salad you can prep your cukes ahead. Simply, place cucumbers in
serving dish. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and refrigerate for 2
hours. Pour off the liquid (do not rinse). Do not add more salt. This
will be plenty.
- You can prep the entire salad ahead of time and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve, up to one day in advance.
- Use freshly minced garlic instead of garlic powder, if desired. You can also use dried dill instead of fresh.
- Use lemon zest and squeezed lemon juice from a fresh lemon for the freshest flavor.
- You can use any combination of Greek yogurt, sour cream or mayonnaise for the dressing as long as the total amount is 1/2 cup.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Check out more of our favorite fresh salad recipes:
Creamy Cucumber Salad + Video
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream, or Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, from about 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 3 large cucumbers, sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, dill and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chopped cucumbers and red onion to the creamy dressing.
- Stir until cucumbers are well coated.
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.