Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad is the consummate pasta salad, loaded with fresh ingredients and it’s bursting with flavor. It’s perfect for a summer BBQ or Potluck!
This chicken bacon ranch pasta salad might be my new favorite side dish! I’ll be making it all summer long because I love it and my whole family loves it. It’s perfect for taking with you to a picnic at the park, or potluck dinner with friends.
This pasta salad is packed full of bacon, chicken, diced tomatoes, green onions, and cheddar cheese, all covered in a creamy ranch dressing! It’s a delicious cold pasta salad and so easy to throw together. All the flavors come together deliciously and this is bound to be a favorite anywhere you serve it!
Hi again! It’s Aimee from Like Mother, Like Daughter where I love to share easy and delicious recipes like this Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad! Some more of my favorite pasta salads are this chicken pesto pasta salad, chicken Caesar pasta salad, and this taco pasta salad! All perfect for taking along to a summer party with friends!
Try our chicken bacon ranch casserole for a hot and hearty meal.
Helpful Tips to make Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad:
- Make it ahead of time! This pasta salad tastes best after sitting in the fridge overnight. It really allows the flavors to meddle well, and is also a great way to grab and go with it when you need it!
- Add a sprinkle of salt to the water when cooking your pasta to give it a little more flavor!
- Bleu cheese would be a great substitute for the cheddar cheese in this chicken bacon ranch pasta salad.
- Cook your bacon in the oven to keep your stove top clean of all those splatters and to get it perfectly crispy.
- Use leftover rotisserie chicken instead of cooking your own chicken to save yourself some dishes, and some time!
What you will need to make Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad:
- Chef’s knife and a good cutting board– These makes cutting up your chicken, tomatoes, cheese, green onions, etc, so much quicker and easier!
- Strainer- You can’t make pasta without a good strainer. Use it to drain the water from your pasta before mixing it with the other ingredients.
- Mixing bowl with a lid– Since this pasta salad is best if made in advanced, store it a way in your fridge with a bowl and lid combo that keeps it tightly fastened and perfect for traveling to your party.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Check out more of our favorite pasta salad recipes:
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- 16 ounces medium shell pasta
- 2 large chicken breasts, or about 2 cups previously cooked chicken
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons Ranch dressing mix, or 1 1oz ranch dressing mix packet
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup chopped Roma tomatoes
- 2 cups cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions, about 4 stalks
- 2.25 ounce can sliced olives, drained
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook your pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse the pasta with cold water when done.
- Meanwhile; saute chicken breasts in a pan over medium-high heat, seasoned with salt and pepper, flipping after about 5 minutes. Cook until internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before dicing.
- In a medium bowl (or mason jar), combine sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, ranch dressing mix and garlic powder. Stir together till smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, chicken, diced tomato, cheese cubes, green onions, olives and bacon. Stir together to combine.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 2 hours (or more) before serving.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.