This creamed corn recipe makes the silkiest, creamiest, most divine side dish you have ever eaten! Make it in a slow cooker in just 4 hours.
Recipes like Best Creamed Corn
Using a crockpot during holiday cooking frees up much-needed oven space and conserves energy too!
Plus, everything will be just the right temperature when it’s time to sit down for dinner.
There are so many Thanksgiving recipes you can make in your slow cooker. Choose your favorite dish or make a few if you have more than one of these small appliances available.
Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese is made with three different kinds of cheese for an ooey-gooey sauce with layers of flavor.
And don’t forget this Sausage and Herb Stuffing! It takes as little as 10 minutes to prep and is sure to be the star of the show.
How To Make This Creamed Corn Recipe
This slow cooker recipe is so easy to make! Just combine all of the ingredients in your crock pot, then cook on the Low setting for about 4 hours.
This tastes so much better than the stuff from a can, and it’s made from scratch with just 6 simple ingredients.
Plus, you can adjust the amounts as needed depending on how many people you’ll be feeding.
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Thin It Out As Needed: Because creamed corn with thicken as it sits, you may need to add more milk if you’ll be keeping it warm in the slow cooker.
- Season To Taste: It’s always a good idea to taste your food before serving and make any necessary adjustments. Usually, I just add a little black pepper at the end, but you may find that it needs extra salt too.
- Add Heat: You can add a dash of cayenne pepper or hot sauce for a little heat if you’d like. To make it spicy, chop up some jalapeños and toss them in with everything else.
Kitchen Tools/Equipment You Will Need
Slow Cooker – I love to use a 4-quart crock for medium-sized recipes like this one.
Storage and Reheating
Transfer the crock pot creamed corn to a container with a lid and keep it in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
Or, allow it to cool completely, then freeze it in individual servings. Use within 2 weeks for best results and thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.
Reheat in the microwave or on the stove, adding more liquid as needed to thin it out.
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
Can I use canned corn instead of frozen?
You can use rinsed canned corn, but I don’t recommend it. The consistency just isn’t as creamy.
However, fresh corn should work just fine. Be sure to use the same amount as the recipe, which should be about 6.5 cups. If it gets too thick, just add an extra splash of milk until it looks right.
Is it possible to bake it in the oven?
You will have better results using a large skillet on the stove top. Just combine and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until it’s the right consistency.
Can I double this creamed corn recipe?
Yes, definitely, but you’ll need to use a larger crock pot, at least 6-quarts in size. Then, simply double the amounts of everything and keep an eye on it towards the end. The cooking time will only be a few minutes longer.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Crock Pot Creamed Corn Recipe Video
To see us make the recipe from start to finish, watch the video at the top of this post.
Crockpot Creamed Corn + Video
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, 1/2 stick
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 pounds frozen corn
- black pepper, optional
- Add ingredients to your crockpot in the order listed. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on Low for 4 hours.
- At about 3 hours, everything will come together. Continue to cook for the full 4 hours for the best results. Stir to combine and if desired, add black pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published November 2011, updated and republished November 2020
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.