Can you think of a better fall combination than coffee liqueur, Irish cream and orange liqueur? Well, okay maybe one... But we will get to that in a minute. The B52 is a classic cocktail that has been around since the late 1970's. No way to tell if it was named for the bomber or the band, but either way their are a ton of variations and different ways to whip up one of these that you are going to love.
We are a house divided. I love the B-51, which switches out the Grand Marnier for Frangelico. I mean really, orange or hazelnut? I am going with the hazelnut every time. Which one would you choose?
- To make a B-51, build a B-52 with Frangelico hazelnut liqueur rather than Grand Marnier
- To make a B-52 with Bombay Doors, build a B-52 with Bombay gin
- To make a B-52 in the Desert, build a B-52 with tequila rather than Bailey's Irish cream
- To make a B-52 with a Full Payload, build a B-52 with a 4th layer of Frangelico and a 5th layer of Bacardi 151 rum lit on fire.
- To make a B-53, build a B-52 with Sambuca rather than Irish cream
- To make a B-54, build a B-52 with Amaretto almond liqueur in place of Grand Marnier
- To make a B-55, build a B-52 with absinthe rather than Grand Marnier
- To make a B-57, build a B-52 with peppermint schnapps rather than Irish cream
Don't forget to check us out on Facebook - we have a virtual Ladies Night party every Thursday. Come and link up your favorite cocktail or dish! Fabulous cocktails, fantastic food and amazing company. It is THE place to be on Thursdays!
Check out these scrumptious fall cocktails! Click the image or the link, they will open in a new window. Enjoy!
Caramel Apple Pie Martini a favorite fall dessert in a decadent cocktail. You are going to love this one!
Chocolate Caramel Cookie Cocktail Shooters perfect for any party or any day. Serve with or without the cookie!
B52 Layered Cocktail Shooter
1 part Kahlua Coffee Liqueur
1 part Bailey's Irish Cream
1 part Grand Marnier Orange Liqueur
Pour equal parts Kahlua, Bailey's and Grand Marnier into a shot glass one at a time. Starting with the Kahlua, then Bailey's then Grand Marnier. To get a perfect layered shot tip the glass and pour the cocktail down the side.