Strawberry Ice Cream Bread is so popular we decided to shake things up and make this Strawberry Ice Cream Bread for you. This simple recipe uses only three ingredients to create a delicious dessert quick bread that is moist and bursting with flavor.
I’m getting ready for summertime with some delicious ice cream desserts and I have lots to share with you. This 2-Ingredient Ice Cream Bread Recipe and my No-Bake Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake are two of my favorites.
I’ve made several homemade ice cream recipes so using them in a dessert like this Strawberry Ice Cream Bread couldn’t be easier.
Strawberry Ice Cream Bread
- It’s important to use full-fat ice cream in this recipe. Don’t use a low sugar or low-fat ice cream or it just won’t come out correctly.
- You cannot use all-purpose flour in this recipe. You will need to use self-rising flour. It contains traditional all-purpose flour as well as baking powder and salt.
- You can make your own self rising flour by placing 1 teaspoon of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a measuring cup. Then, fill the cup with all-purpose flour until you have 3/4 cup.
Add-ins for Strawberry Ice Cream Bread
I’ve added fresh sliced strawberries to the dessert quick bread. But, you can change up the flavor and add another type of sliced fruit. Try sliced peaches or a handful of blueberries or raspberries instead.
And, you can always add in a handful of chocolate chips or your favorite chopped nuts too.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Making Strawberry Ice Cream Quick Bread
So, how do you use ice cream in bread?
You won’t believe how simple it is to make this quick bread recipe!
- Start by preheating your oven.
- Combine the ingredients. While the oven is heating up, mix the softened strawberry ice cream, the sliced strawberries, and the self-rising flour. Don’t over mix – stir just until they are incorporated.
- Pour batter into the bread pan. Smooth the top of the batter with a spatula.
- Bake the bread and let it cool.
- Remove it from the bread pan, slice and serve!
If you want to make this 3-ingredient quick bread even easier, you can leave out the sliced strawberries. You’d just mix the softened strawberry ice cream with the self-rising flour.
You won’t have quite as many chunks of strawberries in your bread, but it will still be delicious.
You can make a glaze to put on top of this quick bread recipe or you can top it with your favorite sprinkles. You could even make a cream cheese frosting if you wanted to. Of course, it’s delicious eaten plain, or with a dollop of homemade whipped cream.
Storing and Freezing Strawberry Ice Cream Bread
If you don’t finish all of the bread in one sitting, it can be stored in the refrigerator. Just wrap the quick bread in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
Then, store it in the refrigerator for up to five days.
For longer storage, it can be frozen. Slice the quick bread into even slices and freeze each slice in a freezer bag.
This way, you can remove one piece at a time when you want a snack. If you’d prefer to freeze the entire loaf, you will need to slice it and separate each slice with freezer paper so that they don’t stick together. It can be frozen for up to six months.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing!
Other Quick Breads to Make
Strawberry Ice Cream Bread + Video
- 2 cups strawberry full-fat ice cream, softened
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour , see notes about using all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped strawberries
- 1 strawberry sliced, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with non-stick spray, set aside.
- Combine chopped strawberries and softened ice cream in a large bowl. Stir to combined. Add flour and stir until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Smooth with a spatula and top with sliced strawberries if desired.
- Place on the center rack in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place Ice Cream Bread on a cooling rack for 5-10 minutes, then flip it out of the pan and let the bread cool completely on the cooling rack.
- Slice and serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published May 2020.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.