Sensational 7 Layer Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
My 7 Layer Salad is a rainbow of fresh veggies served with a delicious, tangy, homemade dressing. Savor every crisp bite and enjoy every layer!
A delicious dish that is also hearty and beautiful to look at – what more can you ask for? This seven layer salad will surely impress your guests.
I’ve found that this recipe is one that actually has people coming back for seconds! With a good amount of protein, crunchy veggies, and creamy dressing, it’s almost a main dish on its own.
My summer vegetable salad is another bright and zesty option that has a bounty of seasonal flavors and is packed with nutrients. The colors of this one are also beautiful and impressive!
And what’s the best thing to go with salads? Soup! This loaded baked potato soup warms the soul and is incredibly satisfying. Plus, the ingredients make it great for any time of the year!
7 Layer Salad
If you’ve ever been to a potluck, chances are good that you’ve seen some version of a seven layer salad. The fun of making this recipe is deciding what ingredients to use for the layers!
Tips and Tricks
- Kitchen hacks: Cook your bacon in the oven and the hard boiled eggs in the air fryer! Not only are both methods completely hands-off, but the eggs are easier to peel this way as well.
- Perfect for meal prep. The vegetables, bacon, and eggs can all be chopped ahead of time for quick assembly later on. That makes this recipe perfect for meal prep without sacrificing flavor and crunch.
- Make it seasonal. Another great thing about my 7 layer salad is how customizable it is! Flavorful, ripe vegetables that give you the taste of the season are always delicious. Replace any ingredient with what is in season, such as cauliflower or bell peppers.
While always best served fresh, your seven layer salad will stay nice and crisp for up to 24 hours – even after tossing in the dressing. This is thanks to the iceberg lettuce and hearty vegetables.
7 layer salad dressing is delicious, tangy, and creamy on its own, but it also tastes great with additional herbs and seasonings. Include your favorites and make it your own!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
Seven Layer Salad FAQ
What is the best way to serve a 7 layer salad?
Don’t mix before serving! Use a large spoon or spatula with a very long handle so each plate gets a little bit of everything.
Do I have to assemble the layers like the recipe calls for?
You can switch things up, but I think that the order of ingredients that I have here make it easiest to serve. Plus, the colors look great!
Is the dressing for this 7 layer salad sweet?
The dressing does have sugar, but it’s mostly creamy, tangy, and has just a touch of sweetness. Of course, you can always taste-test and add more or less sugar as desired.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram ❤ ❤ ❤
MORE SALAD RECIPES
Best Ever Strawberry Spinach Salad
Sensational 7 Layer Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, washed and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 pound applewood smoked bacon, cooked and chopped
- 8 ounces bag of thick grated cheese, we used Tillamook triple cheddar blend
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed and pat dry
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the sour cream, mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, and granulated sugar. Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Wash and pat dry all vegetables: the lettuce, cucumber, peas, and tomatoes. Chop or slice bacon, eggs, cucumber, grape tomatoes, and red onion.
- In the following order, layer ingredients into a trifle or glass bowl with tall, straight sides: lettuce, bacon, cheese, eggs, cucumber, peas, tomatoes, and finally, the onion.
- Drizzle the prepared sauce over the salad and toss or serve the dressing alongside the salad.
- Refrigerate, covered, up to 6 hours before serving or serve right away.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published February 2022
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
Oh my that is really a winner. I'll have to cut it down as I'm just a single person, but I'll make enough for 2 or 3 days. Or maybe I'll share it with my single lady neighbors.
The bacon adds such a nice savory taste to this salad, and really brings it up to 10 stars. This was amazing and I will be making it again.