Incredibly easy 7-ingredient Toffee Bars recipe! Quick homemade caramel sauce and pecans make this a tasty treat!
With the holidays approaching, now is the time to finalize your holiday baking!
I don’t know about you, but I usually have a baking list a mile long, so I’m all about any dessert that doesn’t take a lot of time, OR a lot of fancy ingredients.
I love these toffee bars because they use ingredients I usually have here at home anyway, and they’re ready in about 20 minutes from start to finish (not including cooling time). While you are at it, try our saltine cracker candy, or our Disney churro toffee copycat, it is delicious!
That’s a holiday baking game-changer!
Hey guys, it’s Amanda from The Chunky Chef. I love being a contributor here on TSRI, and will be here sharing some of my favorite recipes each month!
I look forward to bringing some of my midwestern flair and enjoying some treats together.
These salted caramel pecan toffee bars would be fabulous on any dessert platter, but they also make a fabulous edible gift!
Great for teachers, neighbors, bus drivers, postal workers, co-workers, or as a hostess gift.
HELPFUL TIPS TO MAKE SALTED CARAMEL PECAN TOFFEE BARS:
- This recipe uses graham crackers instead of the traditional saltine crackers, because I love the sweet nuttiness they bring. You can substitute saltines for them if it’s what you have on hand or prefer.
- The quick homemade caramel sauce is super easy, so don’t be intimidated by making it yourself. I promise, you CAN do this.
- If you prefer a different nut, you can use an equivalent amount of your preferred nut (such as peanuts, cashews, etc).
- To save on time, I buy the chopped pecans, but if you have larger pieces, just chop them with your knife.
- Don’t forget to line your pan with aluminum foil… the last thing you want to be trying to clean up is baked on caramel sauce!
- For the chocolate lovers, feel free to spread or drizzle melted chocolate over the top.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE SALTED CARAMEL PECAN TOFFEE BARS:
- Jelly Roll Pan – the perfect size for the graham crackers to lay in one layer, and it’s such a versatile pan!
- Offset Spatula – spread the caramel sauce with ease, in an even layer! Great for desserts of all kinds.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Check out more of our favorite simple dessert recipes:
Salted Caramel Pecan Toffee Bars
- 12 graham cracker sheets
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, 1.5 sticks
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- pinch of flaked sea salt, or kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 15×10 inch jelly roll pan with aluminum foil, sprayed lightly with cooking spray. Place graham cracker sheets in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- In a saucepan, bring brown sugar, butter and heavy whipping cream to a boil, over medium heat, stirring often. Once melted and smooth, add vanilla.
- Pour caramel sauce over the graham cracker sheets and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt. Carefully lift out the bars (using the aluminum foil) and cool on wire racks about 30 minutes, or until completely cooled.
- Break into squares.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.