One-Pot Creamy Chicken Tortellini is an easy weeknight dinner recipe with tender chicken thighs tossed in a rich and creamy cheese sauce. It is a complete dinner that only takes one pot and 30 minutes to make!
Busy weeknights mean there isn’t a lot of time to get dinner on the table. One pot meals to the rescue!
Easy recipes like my One Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice and this One Pot Creamy Chicken Tortellini save me time…not to mention they make clean-up easy! The less dishes I have to wash the better!
Hi! We’re Kat & Melinda from Home. Made. Interest. where we’re all about simple recipes and easy entertaining. We’re so excited to be contributors on The Slow Roasted Italian and we can’t wait to share some of our favorite recipes with you!
There are so many amazing flavors going on in this One Pot Creamy Chicken Tortellini.
You’ve got the intense sweet, tart flavor of sun-dried tomatoes, a rich, creamy, cheesy sauce that coats everything, and the salty, smoky flavor of bacon. Mmm, bacon, it really does make everything better.
All of those ingredients are cooked together with fresh baby spinach, chicken thighs with crispy skin, and cheese tortellini for a one pot dinner that the entire family will love.
Helpful Tips to make One-Pot Creamy Chicken Tortellini:
- Use refrigerated tortellini rather than frozen so it cooks quickly.
- You can substitute boneless, skinless chicken thighs, or chicken breasts if you prefer.
- Don’t want to cook bacon? You can use pre-cooked bacon or add sliced proscuitto instead!
- If you don’t have a skillet big enough any large pot will work.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Check out more of our favorite one-pot recipes:
One-Pot Creamy Chicken Tortellini + Video
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless, skin-on
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 20 ounces tortellini, refrigerated
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 ounces baby spinach
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the chicken thighs (skin down). Cook chicken thighs for about 6 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove chicken from skillet and place on a plate covered with foil.
- Add 2 tablespoon of remaining olive oil and the garlic to the skillet. Cook for 1 minute. Then add flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour chicken stock and heavy cream into the skillet whisking until the mixture is smooth. Bring to a boil and add Parmesan cheese.
- Turn heat down to medium and add tortellini, bacon, sun-dried tomatoes, and spinach to the cream sauce. Cover pot and let cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally to make sure the tortellini is coated in the sauce and doesn’t stick to the bottom of the skillet.
- After 5 minutes nestle the chicken thighs into the pasta and continue to cook with the lid on for 3-4 minutes until tortellini is heated through.
- Serve with a little more Parmesan sprinkled on top.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published December 2017, updated and republished June 2020.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.