Homestyle Baked Chicken Nuggets is a healthy chicken recipe for kids, but adults love them just as much! The oven baked tenders are perfectly crispy and juicy!
Baked Chicken Nuggets
Happy Monday Slow Roasters! Monday is a new week and it represents a chance to make a fresh start to a lot of people. I am one of those people. I love Mondays, it is the first day of the week. The perfect day to start off on the right foot, start a diet, start exercising, start anything…
This is an exciting week here at TSRI. We have our Mexican Party Food for Cinco de Mayo round up this Thursday.
Cocktails, salsas, and the perfect Cinco de Mayo party foods!
Today I am so excited to share this chicken nuggets recipe that I can’t seem to cook fast enough. We have had them 3 times this week already.
Chad says that these are the best baked chicken nuggets he has ever had and that they are addictive. They are crispy on the outside and moist and juicy on the inside. They only take 30 minutes from start to table.
I can’t even tell you how they freeze, because the chance of these making it to the freezer are ZERO. I can tell you that I made 2 batches last night and we ate one and I refrigerated the other. I was able to reheat them perfectly in the oven in 10 minutes (5 minutes per side)! It was like they were fresh cooked. Perfectly crisp on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside.
These fabulous Healthy Homestyle Baked Chicken Nuggets were served with a tomato salad drizzled with balsamic vinegar and sprinkled with kosher salt and rosemary. Although Chad insists these chicken nuggets do not need a side dish.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Healthy Homestyle Baked Chicken Nuggets
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, trimmed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Panko, Japanese-style bread crumbs
- olive oil spray, Non-stick
- olive oil spray, propellant free – I used my Misto
- Preheat oven to 425°. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with aluminum foil and spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare three medium sized bowls: add flour, salt and pepper in the first bowl stir to combine. Put egg whites in the second bowl. Combine the panko and Italian bread crumbs in the third bowl and mix with a fork.
- Place several pieces of chicken into the flour and toss to lightly coat with flour.
- One piece at a time dip chicken into egg whites and then into bread crumb mixture.
- Place chicken nuggets on baking sheet without letting them touch. Once the baking sheet is filled with nuggets, lightly spray with olive oil.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes (until the nuggets are golden brown on the bottom side). Flip nuggets over, lightly mist with olive oil and bake for another 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with your favorite dipping sauces.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published April 2012.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.