Garlic Parmesan wings are crispy like fried chicken, but this air fryer recipe makes them so much easier. Make chicken wings for dinner tonight!
Finger food is one of our favorite appetizers when we go to restaurants. But, it’s just as easy to recreate your favorite chicken recipes at home.
Sriracha Honey Chicken Wings are baked wings that are perfect for game day or non-game day get together. They are sweet and spicy with a great added layer of flavor from the limes.
Crock Pot chicken wings have a spicy Buffalo sauce for a fantastic snack or light meal. Make this slow cooker recipe for game day parties!
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Wings
Making this appetizer recipe couldn’t be easier. You simply coat the chicken in the garlic parmesan wing sauce and then cook it in your air fryer until it’s crispy and golden.
Tools / equipment needed to make this recipe
- Air fryer – This is my favorite air fryer!
- Whisk – I have had this set for over 10 years and it is still as good as the day I bought it. With 3 sizes there is a whisk for every job.
- Spray bottle of cooking oil
FAQ and recipe tips
Can I make this chicken wings recipe with frozen chicken?
I started these garlic parmesan wings with fresh poultry, but there is no reason you can’t use frozen if you prefer. Just make sure that the internal temperature reads 165F when you remove them.
You can also use this recipe with skinless chicken if you want to cut the total fat content a bit more. No adjustments are needed to make this substitution.
How many can I cook at a time?
How many you can make at a time really depends on the type and the size of the fryer you use.
It’s important that you place the wings in a single layer in the basket and be certain that you don’t crowd them together.
My recipe makes enough for 4 pounds of wings, drumettes, and flats. You can adjust it as you need to in order to feed more or fewer people.
How can I keep them crispy?
If you want to keep your garlic parmesan wings crispy while you cook more, you can place them on a lined cookie sheet in a preheated oven.
This way, they will stay warm and crispy until the next batch is ready to eat.
This easy chicken recipe makes a wonderful appetizer at a party or get together. But, if you want to serve this as a main entree or light lunch, you can add a few of these side dishes.
Air fried frozen French fries come out crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Make the recipe and enjoy comfort food without the fat!
Air fryer potato chips are a healthier version of your favorite salty snack! Make this easy recipe for guilt-free snacking!
Instant Pot corn on the cob is tender, steamed sweet corn without boiling water! Make this pressure cooker corn recipe in 5 minutes!
How to store leftovers
If you don’t eat all of these garlic parmesan wings in one sitting, you can simply place them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Then, be sure to use them up within 3 to 5 days.
When you want to reheat the leftovers, just place them back into your fryer. Cook them at 360°F for 4 minutes and then 400°F at 5 minutes for the best results.
How to freeze
To keep the chicken for longer than 3 to 5 days, the best option is to freeze them. Just put them in a freezer bag and use them up within four to six months.
To eat them in the future, allow them to defrost in the refrigerator overnight. Then, reheat them as above the next day.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Garlic Parmesan Wings (Air Fryer or Oven) + Video
For the wings
- 4 pounds chicken wings, drumettes and flats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder, aluminum-free
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, fine chop
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F. Place the wings in a large bowl, add the baking powder, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray and place the wings in the basket in a single layer, not touching. Air fry for 12 minutes, flip, and air fry an additional 12 minutes. Continue until all the wings are done.
- Meanwhile place the butter, garlic, grated parmesan, and the black pepper in a small bowl, whisk to combine.
- Toss the wings in the sauce, garnish with shredded Parmesan and parsley.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published October 2020
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.