This cookie is for the chocolate lover in your life. We have loaded this cookie with chocolate and peppermint to create the perfect Christmas cookie recipe. If you only try one new cookie recipe this season, this needs to be it!
I have so much fun baking cookies each year, this year we participated in The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap. Which made it even that much more fun.
Munchkin and I got to work on a new recipe. I have been working on a recipe for an incredible moist chocolate cookie. You know that they are few and far between. Well, Chad has been begging for more candy cane desserts.
So it made sense to put the two together. What came out of the oven was a chocolate cookie unlike anything we had ever tasted before. A soft moist and chocolaty cookie, speckled with candy cane bit with a fabulous peppermint flavor. The addition of Kahlua really brings the chocolate flavor to a whole new level! Crisp around the edges and soft and chewy inside.
Do you remember those old cookie commercials where they would take the cookies out of the oven and then pull the cookies apart and you would see this warm and fudgy middle? That is this cookie! A soft chocolate fudgy center that makes this my favorite chocolate cookie.
I mean look at that cookie!!! Get baking. Your loved ones will thank you for it!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Other Minty Treat Recipes
Chewy Double Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur, you can substitute strong coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 15 whole candy canes, wrappers removed
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl add chocolate chips and heat at 30 second intervals until melted, stirring in between. Set aside.
- Place whole candy canes into blender or food processor and pulse until broken into pieces the size of a pea or smaller. Set aside. *Alternatively you can place candy canes in a zip top bag (seal the bag) then smash with a mallet.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter and brown sugar, 3 to 5 minutes on medium speed. Add eggs, Kahlua and peppermint. Beat until well combined. With mixer on low, pour melted chocolate into bowl. Scrape down the bowl.
- Sprinkle salt and baking soda into mixer while running. Allow to incorporate. Once all ingredients are well mixed, add flour a little at a time with mixer on low. Add candy canes (powder and all) and allow to incorporate.
- Using a 2 tablespoon scoop, portion out cookie dough onto baking sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms begin to barely brown and cookies look matte. Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.