Game day or Valentine’s Day these are an impressive appetizer! Cheesy Sun-dried Tomato Turkey Meatball Poppers are packed with Italian flavors, cheesy and moist meatballs loaded with sun-dried tomatoes, and tasty fresh herbs and spices.
Cheesy Sun-dried Tomato Meatball Poppers
Surprisingly, out of all the poppers that I have created, these are Chad’s favorite. He said they are the most moist and flavorful. I say that is surprising, because if you have been reading us for a while you know that Chad is not an Italian food lover. He likes it sometimes, seems to just tolerate it other time. Also, he does NOT think that EVERYTHING should have garlic on it. Shocking! I know.
Seriously… soup, salad, sandwich… garlic is good everywhere (well maybe not pancakes). hahaha
I guess… had it occurred to me, I would have interviewed him better before dating him. I mean what kind of Italian hooks up with a guy who doesn’t live for garlic??? It must be love!!! ❤❤❤
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Other Easy Meatball Recipes
Cheesy Sun-dried Tomato Turkey Meatball Poppers
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, minced, about 4 halves packed in olive oil
- 4 wedges Laughing Cow Cheese, Garlic and Herb
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 egg whites
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes
- Fresh basil leaves
- Grape tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well, do not over mix or you will have tough meatballs. Using a 1 tablespoon scoop, scoop out meat and place on baking sheet. After all meatballs have been scooped onto tray, roll into balls. TIP: If you lightly wet your hands the meatballs will form better and crack less. Bake for 20-22 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.