Cheesy Bacon Chicken Pierogi Bake made with a creamy bacon cheese sauce in just 30 minutes BACON.CHEESE.POTATOES! It’s calling your name. A simple recipe that will be on your table again and again.
Here is an old favorite that I had to share with you during this busy Christmas Holiday season.
Chicken Pierogi Bake
This recipe is a twist on one of my favorite casseroles that is taken to a whole new level with the irresistible flavor of bacon. Smoky bacon infuses a creamy cheese sauce and combines with herbs and spices to create an incredibly decadent cheese sauce that is perfect for this dish…
- Pre-shredded cheeses have additives to help keep the cheese from sticking together, called anti-caking agents. They also change the way the cheese melts and will cause thickening of your recipes. Skip the pre-shredded cheese and grate your own. I store it in a zip-top bag in the fridge and it keeps for several weeks.
What you will need to make Cheesy Chicken Pierogi Bake:
- Medium Sauce Pan –
- 9×13 Baking Dish – I have my favorites and this set is one of them. The 9×13 is perfect for casseroles and the smaller size is awesome for making 1/2 a casserole recipe.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Other Tasty Casseroles
Cheesy Bacon Chicken Pierogi Bake
- 4 slice bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces shredded Italian cheese blend
- 5 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 8 ounces pre-cooked chicken, diced
- 2 cup frozen peas
- 16 ounce box frozen cheese pierogies
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat, cook bacon until crisp. Drain bacon and remove and place on a paper towel to drain. Leave bacon drippings in the pan.
- Meanwhile evenly lay pierogies in a baking dish.
- Add butter and flour. Whisk to combine. Cook for about 3 minutes to cook out the flour-y taste. Add chicken broth, half & half, garlic, onion, Italian seasoning, cayenne, and pepper. Whisk until combined. Add Italian cheese and about half of Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine. Add frozen peas and chicken. Stir to combine. Bring to a bubble, about 3 minutes.
- Pour chicken and cheese mixture over pierogies. Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake for 15 minutes until top is bubbly and golden brown.
- Remove from oven sprinkle with bacon and parsley. Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.