Brown Sugar Bacon, aka Pig Candy, is a scrumptious holiday breakfast side dish. This candied bacon recipe is a snap to make in your oven!
This amazing bacon treat is perfect for a special occasion, holiday, or any day! With brown sugar caramelized on the strips and a tiny hint of heat, this dish is sure to please.
Brown Sugar Bacon
This tasty sweet breakfast treat is a snap to make!
- Make the brown sugar rub. In a small bowl, combine the coating for the meat. There’s cayenne pepper in the blend; feel free to add more for a spicier flavor. Don’t have brown sugar, make your own.
- Coat the strips. One slice at a time, using your hands cover bacon in sugar mixture until well coated and lay onto broiler pan.
- Bake the bacon. Put pan on top shelf in oven and bake until crisp, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- If your bacon slices are thick, you may need to increase the cook time.
- Don’t be afraid to really rub the sugar into the strips – that’s why it’s called brown sugar bacon!
- Keep any leftovers stored in an airtight container – even at room temperature is fine for a couple of days. Just avoid getting too much moisture into the container, or you’ll end up with soggy bacon strips.
Other Holiday Breakfast Recipes
Brown Sugar Bacon (Pig Candy)
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a medium size bowl add brown sugar and cayenne pepper. Combine with a fork.
- One slice at a time, using your hands cover bacon in sugar mixture until well coated and lay onto broiler pan.
- Put pan on top shelf in oven and bake until crisp. Approximately 15-20 minutes.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published September 2011.