Big Boy Meatballs and Spaghetti
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
When Chad told his mom that Emeril’s new show On The Menu premiers tonight on TNT, she told us how she loves watching him cook spaghetti and meatballs on her home shopping show and that we had to make his spaghetti and meatballs. Enough said. Emeril’s Big Boy Meatballs and Spaghetti coming up! They are moist and delicious. A simple recipe that will have them coming back for more.
I am a food television viewer from way back. Long before we started this website, I used to sit on the couch with my laptop to work on our business and watch the food TV shows. Recipe development is a passion of mine and long before The Slow Roasted Italian existed I loved to watch and learn. I would observe technique, learn flavor profiles and receive a full television education on how to create my own unique dishes.
Well life has certainly changed, but I still get in my food shows. My 4 year old knows the shows so well she now decides during each show that each one needs to come over for dinner or (if they are making something that really tickles her fancy) we should let them cook for us.
So when I heard that TNT was launching a recipe development show, you know I was over the moon. It actually premiers tonight Friday October 3rd at 8/7c, so let me tell you all about it.
On The Menu with Chef Emeril Lagasse as “Menu Master” and host Ty Pennington (I remember him as the carpenter on the home shows) is my kind of show! Each week 4 home cooks will be challenged by one of America’s favorite restaurants. They will be redefining breakfast for Denny’s, creating a bold new culinary masterpiece for Chili’s and developing innovative menu items for California Pizza Kitchen, just to name a few!
How exciting to watch the creativity unfold from concept to creation, then as it is eaten and reviewed and ultimately have the opportunity to walk into the challenging restaurant the very next day and taste it!!! You know I have my DVR tuned in to TNT Friday nights at 8/7c for this one!
The line up for season one has me so excited to go out to and try the winning menu items. Chili’s, Denny’s, California Pizza Kitchen, Planet Hollywood, Emeril’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Cabo Wabo Cantina/Sammy’s Beach Bar and Grill, Outback Steakhouse, Buca di Beppo and Dickey’s Barbecue Pit.
Unlike other cooking competition shows-you can ACTUALLY go try the winning dish, in store, the very next day. The first three weeks of the show airing, you can download a special offer for the first three restaurants (Chili’s, Denny’s, California pizza kitchen) to try the dish. COUPONS, score!
Maybe each week the day after the show we should go out and try the winning dish. What do you think about that? I checked out the previews and Emeril will be sharing yummy recipes too.
I watched a clip of Emeril making his Big Boy Meatballs and he won me over. Instead of using egg, he soaks bread with buttermilk and that becomes the binder. Oh my word! I had to share them with you they are tender and flavorful. Serve with your favorite sauce or try Emeril’s!
Enjoy and don’t forget to tune your DVR!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram ❤ ❤ ❤
Other Easy Meatball Recipes
Big Boy Meatballs and Spaghetti
- 4 slices white bread, crusts removed, torn into pieces
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, 88% lean
- 3/4 pound hot Italian sausage, removed from casings
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, finely grated (about 1/2 cup), plus more for garnish if desired
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, about 6 cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound dried spaghetti, cooked until al dente, for serving
- Red Sauce, recipe here
- Place the bread and buttermilk in a small bowl and set aside for 10 minutes. Mash the bread with a fork to form a paste. Place all ingredients (except olive oil) in a large bowl. Add the bread-buttermilk mixture and mix gently but thoroughly to combine (over mixing can result in tough meatballs). Form into approximately 10 large meatballs (about 1/2 cup each) and refrigerate to firm meatballs, about 15 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs, in batches if necessary, and cook until very well browned on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the browned meatballs to a large pot.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
adapted from Emeril Lagasse
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
SOOOO COOOL!!!!! I'm so glad you shared this. The link for the Coupons and the Red Sauce is great! Recipe sounds very good! I bet these restaurants will be packed!! THANK YOU!! Will pin and share!!
These meatballs are to die for!!! My husband could not stop eating them!