Asian sesame rice is so incredibly fragrant and delicious. Filled with a nutty aroma enjoy it as a side or on it’s own.
How To Make Asian Sesame Rice
Asian sesame rice is so incredibly fragrant and delicious. From the moment the jasmine rice comes to a boil the nutty aroma permeates your senses. Once the sesame oil touches the steaming rice, the air is filled with a dynamic nutty aroma. All of this is building up to the pure satisfaction of diving into a bowl of this fabulous rice. You are going to love it. Looking for a different flavor, try our Ginger Beef Stir Fry, it is delicious!
Asian Sesame Rice is the perfect accompaniment to Simple Asian Honey Grilled Chicken with Marinade. Enjoy it as a side or on its own.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Other Easy Asian Recipes
Asian Sesame Rice
- 1 cup jasmine rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine rice and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cover. Cook for 20 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed.
- Fluff the cooked rice with a fork.
- Add toasted sesame oil to the rice and toss to coat evenly.
- Stir in chopped scallions, kosher salt, and toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.