Air Fryer Cauliflower + Video
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Air Fryer Cauliflower is the perfect healthy snack or side dish. Keep it simple with salt and pepper, or get creative with a variety of spices!
I love knowing that I can prepare healthy vegetables like cauliflower in the air fryer. It’s such a versatile small appliance!
Air Fryer Cauliflower
Enjoy the same tender and crispy texture in a fraction of the time as roasting it in the oven. Plus, you hardly need any oil for cauliflower in the air fryer!
Can’t get enough? Check out our Crispy Cauliflower Cheese Bites for some more cauliflower goodness!!
You can also use this cream-colored veggie to make a healthier version of rice or mashed potatoes. Or, include it in this quick and easy sausage dinner.
Cauliflower Air Fryer Tips and Tricks
- Rinse well. Run the vegetable under cool water, then shake out the excess liquid. Or, rinse the florets in a colander after they’ve been cut.
Either way, be sure to pat the vegetable dry before coating it in oil.
- Give it a shake! Halfway through the cooking time, slide out the basket and toss the florets so they crisp evenly on all sides.
- Add extra seasoning. Sprinkle in some garlic powder, or swap the regular salt for garlic salt instead. For a little heat, try some red pepper flakes.
You could even use your favorite ranch or taco seasoning for this cauliflower air fryer recipe!
- Feeding a crowd? It’s fine to air fry cauliflower in batches when feeding a larger group. It can be doubled or tripled, depending on the size of your basket.
Since overcrowding means your air fried cauliflower won’t cook as well, you may need to work in batches.
How To Cut Cauliflower Florets
You’ll get better results by cutting the full head into smaller pieces, so there’s plenty of circulation around the vegetable.
Start by removing the outer leaves, then separate larger pieces from the stem with a sharp knife.
Once that’s done, cut the pieces into smaller florets. Slice off any stem pieces as needed.
Cauliflower In The Air Fryer FAQs
Yes, but you’ll get better results if you don’t thaw it first. Simply follow the recipe as directed for crispy, golden bites.
Because this vegetable is so versatile, it can be served with all kinds of dishes! I love pairing it with my smoked meatloaf or a crockpot chuck roast for Sunday dinner.
It’s delicious as a snack as well. Dipping vegetables always makes them more fun to eat, so try air fryer cauliflower with any one of these tasty sauces:
Light Blue Cheese Dip
Cilantro Lime Yogurt Sauce
Beer Cheese Fondue
Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Other Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Cauliflower + Video
- 1 1/4 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Optional: fresh chopped flat leaf parsley for serving
- Preheat air fryer to 300°F for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the cauliflower florets into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Tossing the cauliflower to coat evenly. You can use spoons or clean hands.
- Add the cauliflower into the preheated air fryer.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Halfway through, slide the drawer out and shake up cauliflower. Then slide the drawer back in.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published August 2020, updated and republished January 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.
Air fryers are the best invention ever, and I never run out of things to make in it with your recipes. 10/10 this was awesome!