Get ready for a mind-blowing experience that is 2 ingredient Pumpkin Bread! It’s ridiculously delicious and unbelievably easy… All you need is spice cake mix and pumpkin purée to make it. Pumpkin bread with cake mix is a moist, fall-flavored dream that’ll leave you drooling!!
2 Ingredient Pumpkin Bread
As soon as fall rolls around, I become quite the pumpkin lover — and I know I’m not alone!
That’s why I want to share this recipe for 2 ingredient pumpkin bread with you all!
Yes, you read that right. All you need are TWO easy-to-find ingredients to create this flavorful masterpiece.
This is a ridiculously simple recipe that’ll have you baking like a pro before you know it.
I’m using spice cake mix as a shortcut… and am absolutely thrilled with the results. Cake mix pumpkin bread for the win!!
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Spice Cake Mix – Using spice cake mix in particular for cake mix pumpkin bread will give you all of the warm and earthy notes you recognize from pumpkin pie.
Alternatively you could use a different type of cake mix… but you will need to add things like cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice to get the same flavor.
- Pumpkin Purée – Right out of the can! If you’re feeling ambitious, you could roast your own pumpkin at home, but no judgment from me whatsoever if you want to use the canned stuff — it tastes great and gets the job done.
Don’t use pumpkin pie filling, as it’s full of sugar and other add-ons you don’t need for this pumpkin bread from cake mix recipe.
Helpful Tips for Making Perfect Pumpkin Bread With Cake Mix
- Mix with care.
Some baking recipes require a bit of special attention when it comes to mixing. You don’t want to under-mix, but you definitely don’t want to over-mix either.
Over-mixing will give you a very heavy and dense 2 ingredient pumpkin bread.
Add the pumpkin purée and cake mix to a bowl and stir until it’s just combined. You’ll end up with fluffy and moist results every time!
- Test for doneness before taking it out of the oven.
This pumpkin bread with cake mix recipe bakes up in about 45-50 minutes, but all ovens are different.
Use the toothpick trick to determine whether it’s done — stick it in the middle to see if it comes out clean. If it does, you can take it out of the oven to cool!
- Add your own twist.
One of the reasons why my cake mix pumpkin bread is so simple is that all you need are 2 ingredients. Now, don’t let that stop you from incorporating some fun add-ons!
Chocolate chips, chopped nuts, raisins, and/or cream cheese frosting will take this treat to the next level!!
Storing and Reheating Cake Mix Pumpkin Bread
Store leftover 2 ingredient pumpkin bread in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap at room temperature, where it will keep for 3-5 days.
If you like your pumpkin bread with cake mix warm, you can reheat single servings in the microwave in 30-second bursts until heated through.
Kitchen Tools You Will Need
- Mixing Bowls – I like to have a variety of sizes on hand, and this set has them all.
- A sturdy spoon or silicone spatula can be used for scraping, stirring, and smoothing and is easy to clean too!
- Parchment Paper – Prevents your 2 ingredient pumpkin bread from sticking and makes cleanup a breeze!
- Bread Knife – I love a good bread knife! I’ve been using this one for a decade.
Pumpkin Bread from Cake Mix FAQ
When you add too much pumpkin purée, the center won’t bake. Make sure to follow the quantity instructions on the recipe card below to avoid it!
Absolutely! If you’re feeling spicy, feel free to add ginger, cloves, cinnamon, or nutmeg to the cake mix for added oomph.
Incorporate them about a half teaspoon at a time and taste test until you get the flavor you’re looking for.
The likely culprit is that you added too much batter to the pan. If you overfill it, the bread has nowhere to rise once it reaches the edge of the loaf pan — which will make it collapse in on itself and fall apart.
Fill the pan about ⅔ of the way and you shouldn’t run into this problem!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Easy Pumpkin Recipes
2 Ingredient Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 15.25 ounce box spice cake mix
- 15 ounce pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a loaf pan with parchment paper allowing parchment to hang over sides for easy removal after baking
- In a large bowl, mix cake mix and pumpkin puree with a spoon until combined
- Spoon mixture into parchment line loaf pan
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45-50 minutes or until the loaf springs back when lightly pressed.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and serve warm or allow to cool completely before serving.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published September 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.