The Lemon Roasted Vegetable Pasta packs lemon flavor from roasted lemons, lemon juice and lemon zest with cheese and roasted vegetables!
Happy Tuesday Slow Roasters and welcome to Simply Delicious! Today I would like to share with you a new twist on an old classic favorite. Apparently the Roasted Vegetable Penne Pasta is quite popular around here (twice as popular as the #2 recipe). So, after my amazing lemon scavenger hunt with Chad this weekend I decided to work on a Lemon Roasted Vegetable Pasta for you.
Do you see those beautiful lemons? Hiding on the inside of the tree and on top of the branches! Well, we picked that tree clean and have 3 lemon recipes this week and more next week. I am so excited to share these with you. We have many trees on our property. I have Seville Orange trees, a plum tree and this lone lemon tree. The lemon tree is my absolute favorite. I do have a love of lemons (have you seen my lemon Pinterest pin board?).
Lemon Roasted Vegetable Pasta
The flavors are bursting from this dish; with triple the lemon flavor from roasted lemons, fresh lemon juice and lemon zest along with the nutty flavor of the cheese and the roasted vegetables, your mouth will thank you!!!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Other Easy Pasta Recipes
Lemon Roasted Vegetable Pasta
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/2″ bite sized pieces
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2″ bite sized pieces
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2″ bite sized pieces (3 cups chopped)
- 10 small orange bell peppers, cut into 1/2″ bite sized pieces (3 cups chopped)
- 1 lemon, cut into 1/8 slices
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray, propellant free
- kosher salt
- 1 pound gemelli pasta
- salt, to flavor water
- 2 lemons juiced and zested, about 1/4 cup juice and 2 tablespoons zest
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup +2 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide vegetables between trays. Spritz with extra virgin olive oil spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Squeeze lemon slices over vegetables and place 4 on each pan. Toss and place pans in the oven on the 2nd rack from top and the 2nd rack from the bottom. Bake for 40 minutes, rotating pans (top to bottom) and flipping vegetables half way through cooking time.
- After you rotate the pans and flip the vegetables, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a handful of salt and pasta. Cook until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Drain remaining pasta.
- Pour pasta back into pot. Remove roasted vegetables from oven. Carefully squeeze any remaining lemon juice from the HOT roasted lemons and toss lemons. Add hot roasted vegetables on top of pasta. Stir to combine. Add 1 cup cheese and stir (this will allow the cheese to melt immediately). Add olive oil, 1/4 cup lemon juice to pasta. Stir well to combine. Add as much pasta water as necessary to help make the sauce for the pasta.
- Pour pasta into serving dish, sprinkle with lemon zest and 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.