Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken Breasts are the best-roasted chicken recipe ever!! I am absolutely head over heels in love with this! Moist, flavorful and miles away from ordinary.
Baked on a bed of rosemary and lemon this chicken takes on so much flavor it will KNOCK.YOUR.SOCKS.OFF!
You know that happy dance I told you about? The one I do in the kitchen? No? OK, so I am a total food geek. I get the biggest thrill out of recipe development.
So, when I create a recipe I am the first to taste it. If it blows my mind… I do this really embarrassing hip and fun dance in the kitchen.
I would video for you, but I will spare you. Just imagine some really entertaining 1980’s dance off, now add a few years, a fork and a mouthful of food.
Oh and a lot of MMMMM’s. You get the point. LOL
So, if I haven’t lost you by now. You can tell how excited I am about this chicken. It is that good.
Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken Breasts
The lemon and rosemary steam right into the chicken and it absorbs the most incredible combination of flavors ever.
The roasted lemons, rosemary and garlic on top give it an entirely new dimension of flavor.
I ate the chicken all by itself. The chicken, the lemons, with the garlic and juice drizzled over top, with some extra fresh rosemary. OH.MY.WORD!
But, personally, my plate was piled high with chicken and roasted lemons. Even now my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Now go forth. Make the best ever roasted chicken and funny dances. ❤
Helpful Tips to make Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken Breasts:
- You can double, triple, quadruple, etc this recipe. I make it with 5 pounds of chicken so we have enough to eat all week.
- If you prefer your chicken more browned on top, at the end of your cook time turn the broiler on and cook for 2-3 minutes until chicken and lemons are browned.
What you will need to make Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken Breasts:
- Baking Dish– I have my favorites and this set is one of them. The 9×13 is perfect for casseroles and the smaller size is awesome for making 1/2 a casserole recipe.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Chicken Recipes
Baked Lemon Rosemary Chicken Breasts + Video
- 1-2 medium lemons, sliced
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic , quartered
- 1 pound uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Layer 1/2 lemon slices and 1 sprig of rosemary on the bottom of a baking dish. Scatter 1/2 of garlic around the pan.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Lay chicken on top of lemon rosemary bed. Place remaining lemon slices on top of chicken breasts. Place rosemary sprig between the chicken breasts. Sprinkle with remaining garlic. Drizzle chicken breasts with olive oil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through (1 pound takes about 25-30 minutes, 5 pounds takes 45-60 minutes). Cover with aluminum foil for 5 minutes and let the chicken rest. Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published January 2014, updated and republished March 2020
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.