Fresh Strawberry Pie without Jello bursts with natural flavor and is so easy and quick to make from scratch! This simple but so delicious fruit pie is always a hit, especially when served with a big dollop of whipped cream on top!
Fresh Strawberry Pie
This pie recipe is perfect for summer because it can be made without turning the oven on.
You can use a store-bought pie crust or a no-bake graham cracker crust as a base (or go the fancy route and make your own pie crust).
This Strawberry Pie is loaded with juicy, fresh strawberries and made with a homemade strawberry glaze without gelatin. This way, the natural flavor of the strawberries is the star.
I have the biggest sweet tooth and love everything with berries but strawberry pie is definitely one of my favorite desserts! I also LOVE this sour cream raisin pie!
This Fresh Strawberry Pie is the perfect spring and summer dessert made with simple ingredients! Top it with a big dollop of whipped cream and you have an easy dessert that everyone will love!
- Homemade crust OR premade – I used a homemade pie crust for this recipe but you can also use a Graham Cracker Crust or a store-bought pie crust to save time.
- For the best flavor, use fresh, high-quality strawberries. The strawberries are the star of this recipe so look for the freshest strawberries you can find that don’t have any bruises or discoloration.
- Avoiding a soggy crust – This pie tastes best on the same day! The longer it sits the higher the risk of the juicy strawberries making the pie crust soggy. To avoid a soggy pie crust you can seal the crust by painting melted chocolate in the bottom and inside of cooled pie crust. Place the crust in the freezer to set the chocolate before adding the berries.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
- Combine the ingredients well – Make sure to stir the cornstarch mixture continuously for 2-3 minutes until it is thick and translucent. You don’t want it to be clumpy.
- Keep it cool – This pie won’t be as sturdy because it is made without Jello, but it will not ooze all over after cutting if you keep it refrigerated and serve it straight from the fridge.
- Don’t forget the whipped cream! Strawberries and cream are a match made in heaven!!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Other Favorite Strawberry Recipes:
Fresh Strawberry Pie + Video
- 6 cups whole strawberries, hulled
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 9-inch pie crust, baked
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Mash 1 cup strawberries with a fork or in a food processor and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water and mashed strawberries.
- Bring to a boil over medium temperature, stirring constantly. Let the mixture boil and stir for 3 more minutes until thick and translucent. Set aside and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, arrange remaining strawberries in the pie crust. Cut some of the berries in half to make them fit better.
- Pour cooled glaze over the strawberries. Make sure that all the berries are coated with the glaze and no dry spots remain. Chill pie for 2-3 hours until set.
- Combine heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar. Whip at medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Serve pie with whipped cream.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published May 2018. Updated and republished June 2022.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.