Everything Bagels are deliciously crunchy and packed with savory, salty, and nutty flavors. While they may be a bit messy, the taste is worth the extra cleanup!
You can make a fresh batch right at home with a few simple ingredients. No need for yeast — yogurt bagels are just as chewy and tangy as the bakery favorites, but they’re ready in a fraction of the time.
Air fryer bagels are easier to make than you might think, thanks to a yogurt-based dough that’s just as fluffy and chewy as yeasted versions.
Cover with all your favorite toppings — including Everything But The Bagel seasoning — and cook to golden brown perfection!
The best part about this easy bagel recipe is that it requires no resting time! Simply mix together the dough, form it into rings, and pop them right in the air fryer to cook.
Or, meal prep some breakfast burritos and keep them in the freezer when you need something on the go.
Ingredients Needed for Yogurt Bagels
- Flour – All-purpose flour works just fine in this recipe. You can use self-rising if you prefer, but you’ll need to omit the baking powder and reduce the salt by half.
- Baking powder – This leavening agent will help puff the bagels in the air fryer.
- Salt – Don’t skip this simple ingredient! Not only does it add flavor, but it helps create that deliciously chewy texture we all love.
- Yogurt – Stick with plain Greek yogurt for this recipe. The thicker texture works best with the dough, and you don’t want any extra flavors sneaking in!
- Egg wash – Combine one large egg with 1 tablespoon of water until well combined. Brush this over the dough before adding your seasonings to help them stick to the surface.
- Seasonings – You can’t make everything bagels without everything seasoning!
You could also keep it simple with a sprinkle of coarse salt or sesame seeds, or go all out with shredded cheddar or asiago cheese.
Slice up your air fryer bagels and enjoy them with butter, cream cheese, or mashed avocado.
Want an extra hearty breakfast? Pile eggs, bacon, and a slice or two of cheese onto your everything bagel, then pop it back in the air fryer for a few minutes so the cheese can melt.
Air Fryer Bagels or Baked Bagels
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can make baked bagels instead!
- Arrange dough on a baking sheet. Place the rings of yogurt bagel dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes at 350°F, rotating the pan at the halfway point.
- Increase the oven heat. Remove the pan from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 450°F. Then, pop the pan back in for a few minutes until the bagels are golden brown.
Everything Bagel Recipe FAQ
Our everything bagels are homemade yogurt bagels covered in everything seasoning – a mixture that includes poppy seeds, sesame seeds, onion and garlic flakes, and sea salt.
While the original creator of the everything bagel recipe is widely disputed, it’s thought that the name comes from combining “everything” into one seasoning instead of discarding a variety of leftover bagel toppings.
Absolutely! All you need is some yogurt. That, plus the baking powder, gives the dough plenty of lift and that signature tangy flavor.
Even better, you can use this easy bagel recipe to make whichever flavors you might fancy!
Prep Ahead Instructions
This recipe makes 4 air fryer bagels, but you can easily double or even quadruple the amounts if you’d like!
Enjoy one or two while they’re hot and fresh and save the rest for breakfast throughout the week.
How To Store Air Fryer Bagels
Leftover homemade bagels should be stored in an airtight container or food storage bag for optimum freshness.
Keep them on the counter for 1 day or in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze air fryer bagels for up to 3 months.
Warm in the microwave or toast slices in the air fryer or toaster oven. If frozen, be sure to thaw first.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Other Easy Air Fryer Recipes
Everything Bagels (Oven or Air Fryer)
- 1 cup all purpose flour, or self rising (see Note #2)
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, (whole milk or nonfat)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Optional bagel toppings of choice: sesame seeds, coarse salt, everything bagel seasoning, etc.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the Greek yogurt and mix well with a spatula until the mixture turns into a sticky dough. Form the dough into a ball.
- Cut the dough ball into 4 equal pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each dough ball out into an 8-inch long rope, then bring the edges together to form a bagel shape, pinching the ends of the dough together to close the circle.
- Lightly grease the bottom of the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray. Place the bagels into the basket, leaving about an inch of space between each. Note: if your air fryer is small, you may need to cook the bagels in two batches.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water. Lightly brush the egg wash over the top and sides of the bagels. Sprinkle toppings over the bagels.
- Air fry the bagels at 350F for 10 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Remove the air fryer basket from the air fryer and allow the bagels to cool for 5 minutes. Remove the bagels, slice and serve warm, or cool completely then toast.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally Published July 2022
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.