Crock Pot Peach Cobbler
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Crock Pot Peach Cobbler is a delicious southern dessert recipe, with fresh peaches and a sweet golden crust, made easily in a slow cooker!
Peach cobbler is one of my favorite desserts, and it totally reminds me of summer because most of the time when I make it, its when we are camping!
I cook it up in the Dutch oven over some coals, and it is the perfect hot dessert to eat before climbing into bed.
Crock Pot Peach Cobbler
This crockpot peach cobbler is perfection. It’s super quick and easy to prep, and it’s the perfect summer time dessert.
Such a great way to use the juicy fresh peaches that are in season. And it’s a perfect summer recipe, because you don’t have to heat up your oven! We also have a creamy peach cobbler milkshake that you will love!
I usually make it with canned peaches and a cake mix to make it super easy – since we are taking it camping after all.
But this version with fresh peaches, and a homemade cake type topping is amazing! It’s the perfect way to eat cobbler all year, but especially all summer long!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
Topping the slow cooker cobbler with ice cream is a must! Because you can’t have cobbler without vanilla ice cream. You can also add a maraschino cherry if you want 😉
If you love this peach cobbler recipe you’ll also love these peach cobbler bars, peach cobbler dump cake, or peach cobbler pound cake.
Helpful Tips for Making Crock Pot Peach Cobbler
- You can use frozen, or canned peaches instead of fresh peaches. Don’t use all the liquid in the canned peaches because the extra liquid will make the cobbler topping a little softer with less crunch on top.
I do recommend fresh peaches if they are in season though, because the flavor is so much better!
- Use a slow cooker liner for super easy clean up!
Supplies You Will Need
- 6 Quart Slow Cooker
- Large stock pot – for boiling the peaches to make skin removal easier.
- Chef’s knife – for cutting up all those juicy peaches.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram ❤ ❤ ❤
Other Peach Desserts
Perfect Peach Cobbler Dump CakeBest Ever Southern Peach Cobbler
Peach Cobbler Pound Cake Peach Cheesecake Salad
Crock Pot Peach Cobbler
- 5 cups fresh peaches, pitted and sliced (about 8 large peaches)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Bring a large pot of water to boil (enough to cover half the peaches at a time). In a large bowl, prepare an ice bath, by filling it about 1/3 of the way with ice and the rest with cold water.
- When the water is boiling, carefully add 4 of your peaches to the water. Allow them to boil for one minute. Remove from the hot water with a slotted spoon or tongs, and transfer to the ice bath.
- Allow peaches to sit in the ice bath for a few minutes. Remove them from the bowl and cut a small slit at the bottom of each peach. Pull the skins back from the slit and fully peel the skin off the peaches. Repeat with remaining peaches.
- Cut peaches into slices and place in a large mixing bowl with 1/4 cup of sugar. Toss to coat.
- Pour peaches and all their juices into a 6 quart slow cooker coated in cooking spray.
For the Cobbler Topping
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Sprinkle evenly into the crockpot, over the top of the peaches.
- Cut butter into thin slices (about 1/2 tablespoon each, or less) and spread evenly over the top of the cobbler topping.
- Put a paper towel under the slow cooker lid to catch the extra condensation while baking.
- Allow to bake for 2-3 hours on high or 4 hours on low, or until the peaches are soft and the top is golden and cooked through.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published June 2018.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.
I would love to have the recipe with canned peaches and cake mix,please. Peach cobbler sounds wonderful but it's not peaches season and I can't wait that long!
Would love recipe of canned peaches and cake mix please
Would like too have the canned peaches with cake mix recipe
We have a Peach Dump Cake that is easy to make here – https://www.theslowroasteditalian.com/perfect-peach-cobbler-dump-cake/ Enjoy!
TSRI Team Member,
This was so easy! It is amazing what you can make in a crockpot!