Spiced Honey Nut Breakfast Granola is loaded with fruit, nuts, cinnamon and honey. Perfect to top yogurt, ice cream or eat alone.
Store bought snacks are just not cutting it these days. We are really enjoying healthy homemade snacks and breakfasts. My munchkin loves this granola for breakfast and I love feeding it to her. A real wholesome breakfast ‘cereal’.
Loaded with fruit, nuts, cinnamon and honey; most times I can hardly get the granola packed up and into a mason jar before its gone. We all love this as a sweet treat too. Perfect to top yogurt, ice cream, grape salad, or eat alone. We can’t get enough and I am sure you will love it too!
Check out these other delicious healthy treats!
A healthy & delicious snack, Dried Banana Coins are a perfect nutritious treat whether on the go, or staying at home!
Dried Pineapple Rings are a simple, delicious and healthy treat. Perfect on the go snack and so naturally sweet they taste like candy!
If an apple a day keeps the doctor away, these fantastically healthy Dried Apple Chips are sure to do the trick. Oven or dehydrator.
With crunchy nuts, sweet-tart cranberries this Cranberry Walnut Baked Oatmeal is an unexpected treat!!!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Spiced Honey Nut Breakfast Granola
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup pecans, finely ground
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil, for no coconut flavor
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup apricots, chopped
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Line an 18 by 13-inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set pan aside. In large bowl, toss together oats, ground pecans, sesame seeds, spices and salt.
- Combine coconut, maple syrup and honey in a medium saucepan. Warm mixture over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, about six minutes. Gently stir the mixture frequently. Remove pot from the heat. Add vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Pour sugar-mixture over oat-mixture. Stir with a wood spoon to combine. At first, the granola will be thick and sticky. Continue stirring, breaking up any lumps of sugar/oats with the back of the wooden spoon, until the honey mixture is evenly distributed. Stir in fruit and mix well to combine.
- Press mixture very firmly into prepared pan. Bake until golden brown and aromatic, about 45 minutes. Remove pan from oven. Immediately break granola into pieces. Allow granola to cool. Store granola in a covered container.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.