Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits are easier AND tastier than a box mix! This copycat recipe is so easy, it only takes one bowl, one whisk, no baking mix and 20 minutes! Yes, only 20 minutes from start till serve.
You may have noticed a lack of seafood recipes on this site. As my 3-year old would say “I do not prefer it”.
Truth be told I prefer just about anything over seafood. Oddly though, Red Lobster is one of my favorite restaurants. If you have ever been there with me you know I can just about eat my body weight in Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
I am not kidding either, I will eat a ton of Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits and order a chicken salad.
Yes, a chicken salad at Red Lobster (its actually quite good but we are straying from the whole reason I went there to begin with).
The salad is more of a side really. The main course is those biscuits. Oh my heavens I want to run to Red Lobster just thinking about them.
Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
No need. I have a beautiful tray filled with my favorite Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits sitting right in front of me. Can’t you smell them?
Beautiful light and flaky, garlicky cheddar drop biscuits glistening with butter and speckled with parsley. Slightly crisp on the outside and perfectly tender on the inside.
I am in Cheddar Bay heaven. Best part is: one bowl, one whisk, no baking mix and 20 minutes! Yes, only 20 minutes from start till serve.
Helpful Tips to Make Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits Copycat:
- If you are looking for richness, top with more butter. Heavy cream is not a good substitute for the milk.
- Feel free to substitute your favorite shredded cheese. I love Pepper Jack in this recipe.
- To get a really good texture on the top of the biscuits, it is best to drop them from 2 tablespoons instead of using a scoop.
What You Will Need to Make Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits Copycat:
- Jelly Roll Pans (baking sheets with sides) – used for everything from cookies to roasting, a good baking pan will last for years.
- Basting Brush – I love this one over the silicone ones.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Don’t miss these family favorite scrumptious copycat recipes:
Cheddar Bay Biscuits Copycat + Video
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, 1 1/2 sticks, divided
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 ounces shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add 1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter in a small microwave-safe mixing bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds or until butter is melted. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Add melted butter and milk and whisk just until flour is all wet, do not over mix.
- Add cheese and fold in with a spoon.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls onto baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until biscuits are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) of butter in small mixing bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds or until butter is melted.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and parsley. Stir with a pastry brush.
- Remove biscuits from oven, brush with melted butter mixture. Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.