Thursday, July 19, 2018

Fully Loaded Cheesy Breakfast Casserole

Fully Loaded Cheesy Breakfast Casserole is all of our favorite things in an easy breakfast recipe that you can make ahead. Packed with eggs, potatoes, veggies, sausage AND bacon it is truly a full breakfast in one dish. The overnight cooking method makes this a winner in my house!

We are so excited to be partnering with our friends at Jones Dairy Farm to bring you a scrumptious breakfast or brunch recipe perfect for the holidays with family and friends, starring one of my favorite ingredients: Sausage!!!

I really love brunch but my family prefers breakfast. I like to relax in the morning where my crew wakes up famished. Breakfast casseroles give us the best of both. I can prep breakfast the night before and toss it in the oven in the morning. I get to kick back while it is in the oven and the family gets to eat pretty soon after they wake up.

Hearty breakfasts really rock my world! This one is loaded with bacon, sausage and eggs with potatoes and veggies. It is amazing and stress-free, which is right up my alley.That is one of the many reasons I absolutely love love love make ahead breakfasts!

A hearty casserole like this makes an amazing breakfast, lunch, dinner. Not to mention it is incidentally gluten-free which makes it perfect for company!

I will let you all know that you can pick up Jones Dairy Farm products at your local retailer. The company’s products are distributed nationwide, so be sure to check out their product locator so see where you can pick some up. If you’re looking for the breakfast sausage, it’s in the freezer section!

Helpful Tips to make Fully Loaded Cheesy Breakfast Casserole:

• To Make Ahead: Refrigerate overnight. Allow casserole to sit on counter for about 30 minutes before baking.

What you will need to make Fully Loaded Cheesy Breakfast Casserole:

Enjoy!
    With love from our simple kitchen to yours.

Do you   love  TSRI?  Don't miss another recipe.  Click here to Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by Email and receive new recipes in your inbox every day!

Don't miss a thing! Follow us on Facebook Twitter Pinterest | Instagram ❤ ❤ ❤

• 12 large eggs
    • 1/2 cup whole milk
    • 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
    • 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
    • 1 teaspoon garlic powder

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter a 9x13-inch baking pan.
    2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until browned, crumbling it with a spatula as it cooks.
    3. Add hash browns, sausage, bacon and cheese to the casserole dish. Toss to combine.
    4. In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk until completely combined. Pour the egg mixture over the hash brown mixture.
    5. Bake for 35-40 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

DONNA'S NOTE

1. To Make Ahead: Refrigerate overnight. Allow casserole to sit on counter for about 30 minutes before baking.

>Breakfast is what Jones Dairy Farm does! Can't get enough? Find more scrumptious breakfast and brunch recipes here

Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.

31 comments:

1. This looks and sounds so yummy; will be trying then soon when the children visit.

ReplyDelete
    2. I have tried a breakfast casserole it was very good I used the same ingredients excluding the potatoes (there is a diabetic in the household)

ReplyDelete
    3. Just put this in the oven!

Replies
      1. I am thinking of trying this recipe. How did it turn out?

4. Tried this recipe today! It was delicious but definitely took longer to cook than I expected. I think it would be helpful to cover this with foil during the first 30 min of cooking and then remove the last 5 to 10 min. Thank you for the recipe!!

Replies
      1. Holli@TheSlowRoastedItalianOctober 5, 2017 at 4:31 PM

We are so happy you enjoyed it!

5. I have made it "as is" and loved it. But i have also made it in mini loaf pans, some sausage, some bacon, some no meat for the vegetarians. Grab and go breakfast meals.

Replies
      1. Holli@TheSlowRoastedItalianOctober 5, 2017 at 4:30 PM

That sounds wonderful, Rhonda!!! We are so happy you enjoyed it!

6. Sounds so delicious! We only have a family of 4, thinking of halving the recipe this weekend.

Replies
      1. Holli@TheSlowRoastedItalianOctober 5, 2017 at 4:29 PM

Enjoy! Let us know how it goes!

7. I've made this a few times after seeing it on She's In Her Apron YouTube channel. I half the recipe and actually Fry up the hashbrown, onion and peppers. Otherwise I follow it and love it. We have it at least twice a month as our breakfast for dinner meal.

ReplyDelete
    8. I’m excited to try this, but it’s taking forever to bake! Either bake time or temperature are way off for me. I prepared this last night and set it out for 30 minutes on the counter, and it’s cutrently been in the oven for an hour at 375 and looks like it needs another 10-15 (center eggs are still very runny). Disappointing too, bc it’s making us late for the breakfast party we’re supposed to take it to! Hopefully it will set soon so we can go!

ReplyDelete
    9. Hi this sounds delicious. Do you think I could prep this two nights before?

ReplyDelete
    10. What happened to slow-cooler method, how to cook it all night? Don't the eggs spoil??

Replies
      1. The Slow Cooker keeps the Eggs above the danger zone

11. made it several times now crowd pleaser for sure and family favorite

ReplyDelete
    12. Can I make this ahead and freeze it then reheat it a few days later? Or wlild it be fine to be refrigerated 2 days ahead?

ReplyDelete
    13. I've made this multiple times I half the recipe there is only 3 of us. We get lots of leftovers also. The only thing I do different is I fry the potatoes mix before mixing it in with the meats and cheese. Awesome recipe Thank you.

Replies
      1. Holli@TheSlowRoastedItalianDecember 25, 2017 at 4:57 PM

Thanks so much, Anne!!1 We are so happy you enjoy it!!!

14. Do i cook the bacon before baking?

Replies
      1. Yes, first direction is to cook and chop Bacon.

15. I love this recipe! The only change I made was baking it in muffin tins. It made 24 and they were the perfect grab and go breakfast for me and 4 other people for the week!

Replies
      1. Holli@TheSlowRoastedItalianFebruary 25, 2018 at 7:09 AM

Awesome! We are so happy to hear that!!

16. Can I make ahead and freeze to bake later?

Replies
      1. Holli@TheSlowRoastedItalianMarch 2, 2018 at 8:39 AM

To Make Ahead: Refrigerate overnight. Allow casserole to sit on counter for about 30 minutes before baking. Hope this helps, Enjoy!

17. does it really take a doz eggs? all other casseroles i have looked at only take
      6 or less

ReplyDelete
    18. Can biscuits be added to make this into a comfort bake?

ReplyDelete
    19. This was delicious. I used shredded hash browns instead of cubed and replaced some of the sausage with bacon. It looked a bit dried out on top so next time I will cover it for the first half of cooking.

ReplyDelete
    20. Turned out perfect. I did alter it though. I did 30 min covered, 10-15 uncovered which worked perfect. I also added 1/4C red onion in with the sausage. It was great for a late brunch with plenty left over!

ReplyDelete
    21. There looks like there are green and red peppers, but are not listed in the ingredients!

Replies
      1. Holli@TheSlowRoastedItalianSeptember 16, 2018 at 5:31 AM

Hi GG, It is the third ingredient listed - 1 (28 ounce) package frozen cubed hash browns with peppers and onions, thawed. Enjoy

If you really like a post, please Facebook and give it a THUMBS UP or Pin It on Pinterest!

We love to hear your comments and hear when you have used a recipe. ❤ ❤ ❤