This Tomato Basil Salad is refreshing and has a bit of a zing! Not only is it easy to make, it also tastes delicious!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Tomato Basil Salad
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, or grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves, reserve some for garnish
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, grated on a microplane (if you are mincing, use 2 cloves)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- Rinse all tomatoes under cool water in a colander to clean. Slice tomatoes in half lengthwise and place in a medium bowl. Add salt and toss well to coat. Add basil (remember to reserve some) and toss to combine.
- Allow tomatoes to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour to macerate. The juices from the tomato will become part of the dressing. Do not skip this step.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and oregano. Whisk lightly to combine. Pour mixture over tomatoes.
- Toss well to coat the tomatoes evenly. Garnish with reserved basil. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate and serve later.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally Published July 2011
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.